BUG report--tables are broken!

I don't know what changed, but since the last update tables no longer behave in the ways they did before (which wasn't all that great to begin with).

My specific issue is that files of any kind can no longer be placed inside a table cell. This is a HUGE issue for me since I used tables with file attachments heavily to organize assets for projects. Text is also virtually impossible to enter once a table with or without text in it has been pasted into Word.

Please do whatever it takes to go back to the prior functionality.

And please someone with authority to report bugs respond to this post.

• Level 5*

Hi.  This is a user forum which is read by Evernote staffers,  though they don't often respond directly to individual queries here.  meantime you're stuck with us folks.  If you'd like a conversation with them,  please use the 'contact support' links (see Help Center link in my sig).  I'm currently using the Windows Beta 5.9.2 and I appear to be able to paste files and pictures wherever I need to in a table.  Don't know when that will become a public release,  but you might want to consider updating if you really need this feature.  Meantime can you confirm your operating system (Win 7? 8? 8.1? 10?) and the version of Evernote you're using.  Is that the installed version or the web browser access?

• Level 5*

Hi agan.  In that event I suggest you look for the 'contact support' button via the Help Center link in my signature - there's a Chat option on the support page for Business (and Premium) users where you can get -and give- some feedback.

• Level 5*

Hi... I'm on Windows 7 and use the desktop version, as do my team members. I am an Evernote Business subscriber. Does that shed any light? Also I'm on a current version of 5.1 GA

Since you are a Business subscriber, you have direct access to Evernote via a Support ticket and Support Chat.

Chat would be the fastest way of getting support.

I recommend that everyone who experiences a bug to submit a bug report.  This will make sure that Evernote is aware of the issue, provide your environment data to help identify/fix the issue, and put more pressure on Evernote to fix.

Submit a BUG report via an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Report a bug", and start the Ticket Title with "BUG:  " to make it clear.  Reporting a bug should be available to all users, including Free Account owners.  Other Ticket types available to Free users are "Data Loss", "Crash", & "Sync Issue", "Payment/Billing Issue", and  "Log in issues".

See Evernote Chat Support., available business days 7am-7pm US CST. 

(Chat option appears AFTER you click “Continue” on initial “Evernote Support” page.)

• 9 months later...
  • Level 5*
On 8/2/2016 at 9:19 PM, dinglestein said:

+1 tables are completely bugged out since last update!!! 

If you'd like to increase the probability of Evernote fixing your issue, you might post:

1. What versions of OS and Evernote you are running
  2. Details and steps to reproduce your issue
  3. Post in the forum topic where the update was released

Of course, you can also submit a formal bug report

Archived