Win 7: Lost desktop icon and data after updating

Help?

I just updated Evernote from ver 5.8 to 5.9 and in doing so, I lost the desktop Evernote icon. Additionally, lost data from the program and the ability to transfer mail from Gmail to Evernote. I FINALLY found the Evernote files, but cannot locate an .ico file to place on the desktop to call up the program. Anyone out there with a solution?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

• Level 5*

Hi.  The desktop icon is easy - go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Evernote\Evernote and look for the Evernote.EXE file.  Right click and choose 'Send to Desktop' (create shortcut).  Don't know about being unable to transfer mail from Gmail - how were doing it before the update?

• Level 5*

Gaz,

Also, the EN icon used to not stay pinned after an update and then it changed to staying pinned.  Now "It's baaaack..." and doesn't stay pinned.  Easy enough to fix but not staying pinned after an update is an issue again.  Regression testing anyone?  ;)

Thanks for your assistance. i found the issue: when I updated the program, I neglected to look at where the installer would place the update. So, it was placed in C:/users/owner/appdata/local........anyway, had a heck of a time locating the program. So, not to belabor the point, I had to delete the program and then re-install, making sure that i was cognizant of the install location. Now  we are in C:/program Files(x86) Evernote/ where it belongs!!

Thanks again for the assist and suggestions.

Archived