Turning rows of text into lists

dballing

Idea

This has bitten both myself and my wife in the ass twice now. (in both cases, because -- at the time -- each of us didn't know how to undo it).

Say I've created a shopping list. It's just a note with a bunch of items in it. At some point into it I realize, "this is long, I should turn this into a checklist list".

On the desktop app: 

• Select all the rows
  • Hit the "checkbox list" button
  • The rows all become rows with checkboxes. Life is good.

On the iOS app, though...

• Select all the rows
  • Hit the "checkbox list" button
  • Watch your grocery list vanish and be replaced with a "new" empty checkbox list. You're now at the supermarket with an empty list.

Why on earth would you do that? who would want THAT to be the functionality?

What am I missing? How do I achieve the former outcome on the iOS app?

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  The two apps being written in different operating systems for different physical devices,  it shouldn't be a major surprise that by accident or design two similar functions don't work the same in the real world.  The workaround is 1) report the anomaly and 2) find a work around,  which in this case seems to be 'only change lists to checkboxes on the desktop...'

Your post here has taken care of reporting the situation - hopefully there will be a fix in the updates sometime soon...

• Level 5

Currently in the iOS app you need to do this one line at a time or start your list with the checkboxes and add to it.

If you make a change you don't want, shake to expose the undo/redo actions.

Cheers,

Chuck

Chuck,

is this being considered as a feature request? Your response sounds more like "it is how it is, deal with it". I certainly hope that isn't the case! I hope this will be a feature added to Evernote soon.

Archived