What happens when switching from Premium to Basic Evernote?

I need to use Evernote heavily for the next couple months (for the ability to download lots of files), and then won't need to use it so much after that (a Basic download package would be fine). Can I switch from Premium to Basic without losing all my stuff? Also, can I search my downloaded PDFs without a Premium package?

• Level 5

I need to use Evernote heavily for the next couple months (for the ability to download lots of files), and then won't need to use it so much after that (a Basic download package would be fine). Can I switch from Premium to Basic without losing all my stuff? Also, can I search my downloaded PDFs without a Premium package?

I believe that searching in PDF attachments is a premium feature. The german pricing lists "searching in Office documents and attachments" as premium feature.

• Level 5*

I've checked this before - if your PDF is searchable - ie if it has been OCR'd already,  either in Evernote or before uploading - It will remain searchable.  PDF's submitted after a downgrade to basic are searchable if they are OCR'd before upload,  but will not be OCR'd by Evernote and will remain UNsearchable after upload.  So basically you'll keep any access that you have now,  but you'll need to be careful for the future. 

Hope that helps...

Archived