Draggin a line not possible ?

Just 3 syllables for you: WorkFlowy 

From there you can paste into Evernote if you wish. 

P.S. No... you can't rearrange text lines or lists within a note, apart from copy/ paste. Only if each item was the header of a note itself in the Reminder List... and that would solve the 2nd challenge: sorting alphabetically. You'd then just sort your notes by Title. Probably not what you're looking for... and in that case, sorry, the answer is a dull: "No".

WorkFlowy is freemium ?

I don't know what you mean by "if each item was the header of a note"

Not being able to rearrange text lines or lists by drag-drop is another serious limitation with EN, don't you agree ?

I have already pointed out other limitations such as tables, special characters, searching partial words and now discover new limitations. I really don't like the idea to use several othe apps in order to get my text in EN.

• Level 5

Not being able to rearrange text lines or lists by drag-drop is another serious limitation with EN, don't you agree ?

I've used Evernote for 7 years. I have over 30,000 notes.

I don't recall a single time I ever had a need to drag-drop a text line.

Since you asked... I definitely don't agree it could be considered a serious limitation. 

I am surprised to hear the same argument again and again:
"I have used EN for 100 years and never had a need to do what you intend to do

so you must be quite an odd figure out there who only creates problems for yourself"

This is a caveman - argument.

• Level 5*

Use the right tool for the right job seems like the best way to proceed.

Evernote has never claimed to be an outlining tool. You want to do outlining, use an outliner. Don't think it's that complicated a decision.

Since there was mention of "lists" in the OP, I mentioned the reminder list as a possibility in Evernote for dragging the "lines" of a list. I was more thinking about tasks. Lists of tasks. In that sense, the title of a note is your list item if you've given it a reminder so that it appears in the reminder list. I also recognized that this was most likely not what you were looking for... Thus I had initially made mention of WorkFlowy.

In WorkFlowy, each bullet point can be treated as a task or a separate line or paragraph of text. Everything can be dragged and shuffled around as you wish, most notably the ability to nest lists within lists and collapse them, outliner style.

I think the functionality you're looking for (dragging list items and text in general to reorder) is inherent to the world of outliners and tree-based word processors such as Gingko.

I mentioned WorkFlowy as an example of the functionality you were asking about... Certainly not as a substitute for what Evernote offers. Outliners are lightweight apps that mostly deal only with text data... And so in that sense are highly specialized and can do what Evernote can't (the ability to search an outline from any level in the hierarchy, akin to a folder within a folder system where one could nest indefinitely)... But in many other aspects can't do what Evernote can: no images or attachments of any sort.

You're in for a tough few years ahead of you if you're an unhappy camper not being able to use one app for everything. That's what most people want, so it's not an uncommon quest... Just that we haven't arrived yet. What we have to do is work within the limitations our preferred apps present... or diversify and use a couple of apps to get the job done.

WorkFlowy basic and premium have this one major difference: 250 lists a month VS unlimited lists.

I've used Evernote for 7 years. I have over 30,000 notes.

I don't recall a single time I ever had a need to drag-drop a text line.

Since you asked... I definitely don't agree it could be considered a serious limitation.

But... If I'm not mistaken, you have your dragging and dropping needs seen to in WorkFlowy  :P

• Level 5

I am surprised to hear the same argument again and again:

"I have used EN for 100 years and never had a need to do what you intend to do

so you must be quite an odd figure out there who only creates problems for yourself"

This is a caveman - argument.

You are the blowhard who asked the question.

This is your normal procedure. Ask a question that you already know the answer, and then ridicule the people who answer with their view that does not meet your cherished opinion.

I remember how you used to act under your former alias on this forum.

You have not changed your stripes.

Once a troll, always a troll.

Fortunately the forum can block your trash. See ya'

I remember a few years ago I criticized EN for not highlighting search results

The response from Forum was similar to now: there is no app that can do just "everything", you would have to install new apps etc

But soon came a new EN version and highlighting was implemented

The conclution: the Forum will never allow any criticism on EN or mention of limitations

With such an attitude, there cannot be any improvements in EN, no development

Why not ? well, you tell me...

Archived