Microsoft Edge / share functionality to evernote

We learned that the new Microsoft Edge browser in Windows 10 won't support plugins yet. This will be added later. So we won't have a clipper functionality at start.

But there is a share button in edge, which allows to save/share content with Onenote, reading list, mail, flipboard, Redditing for Reddit and possible more. After installing 'Evernote Touch' from the Windows Store it looks like you can add content to Evernote too, however this is not working.

You can't share a full page, you must select text before hitting the share button. After trying to share I get some HTML tags instead of the selected content, even if it are just a few words. The HTML tags don't even relate to the selected text but looks like they belong to the evenote share plugin as it are the same html tags over and over and it the tags are named .snipped-div.

After just hitting the share button no content is ever saved. Also I have the impression that Evernote touch is not actively developed as the latest beta is from April 2014.

So is there another way to use Microsoft Edge and save content to Evernote, or do we have to wait for now till plugins are official supported and we have a Evernote plugin? Yeah I know I can select text and copy it over to a new note, but lots of layout is lost including meta data such as the original URL.

• 2 months later...

Ok, IE edge is not supporting plugins. But When I tried to copy a webpage from IE Edge to Evernote, it did not seem formated correctly. All links were not linked, font size and colors were different from the original... Is there any workaround to export web content to Evernote easily from IE Edge? Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am having issues all around.  Internet explorer is all but defunct.  I can only use Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 but it does not allow extensions so I can't use the Evernote Webclipper.  I just recently started using Evernote but I am addicted already.  I have Google Chrome installed on my computer but it is super slow.  It generally takes 10 minutes to load on Windows 10 (no kidding, I have actually timed it) and then its buggy and will usually work for about 20 minutes before crashing completely.  Fortunately, the webclipper works on Safari but I only use Safari when I am travelling (on my iPad) so I really need MS Edge to support Evernote.  Does anyone have any other suggestions on how to surpass this problem?  Is there another browser that I can use?  When will Edge support extensions?  Any information will be appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...

I am using Google Chrome in a Windows 10 and environment. It works fine for me no slowness, clipping, plugins, etc. all functioning. 

Sometimes new products just aren't ready for prime time yet that might be the case with Edge, but I admit I am always suspicious of Microsoft browsers.

• 2 months later...

There's a very simple two step work around to share content from Microsoft Edge to Evernote.  Use the Snip it tool to capture and copy your internet content.  Then go to whatever notebook you want in Evernote and hit Ctl-V to paste the captured image.

• 4 months later...

I use another way around: in MSEdge click open in Explorer.......then use "evernote clipper" to get the page.

This seems only to be possible if you have "evernote clipper" installed in MS Explorer

• Level 5*

Evernote clipper is out for Edge for those who have signed up as a Windows Insider, and will be out for everyone else when the anniversary update hits in a month. It's up to par with v6.9.

Archived