I'd like to share my "missing feature list" with the community. This list is only the "most wanted" from my side. Please feel free to add your ideas or to give me comments on my list. TIA
1) Management system for attachments (a)view ...inside the note or as attachment (b) sort by drag and drop
2) option to encrypt attachments (similar to the text encryption)
3) ALL options should be available via the desktop version as well as the tablet (android/ios) versions (in modern times the tablet/pads are more and more replacing the desktops, at least, if people are working from remote places. Then it's really a pain in the neck, if the tablet/pads are "handicapped" tools. this means, I have to touch my work twice (after returning to the office).
4) better usability of tags (tag management). I understood, evernote is made to be organized by tags (notebooks are restricted to 250 afaik). However, I have serious problems to use my tag structure. I mean, when applying a tag, it only shows an example, if you already put in the starting letters. Nice, however, sometimes I cannot remember what name I gave to this particular tag, which I want to use. So, I suggest that there should be a pop-up of the tag structure during the input-process of tags. It would also help, if there was a permanent window or sidebar (horizontally because of the deeper structure) either as pop up or to call via short-key.....).
5)I was quite happy about the new colour feature for the tags until I opened my tablet and saw that this feature is not reflected there. So I spent almost 2 hours to colour my tags only to find out that evernote has wasted my time one more time. So, I want to emphasize again that ALL features should be available across ALL platforms. Honestly I don't understand whys this is such a problem. So, please, don't announce with big noise new features, which are only on one platform available. Please be aware that more and more the users are NOT "single platform users". Almost all of my friends are at least on two platforms simultaneously (windows + android, or windows + IOS/OSX). Everybody tells me it's very annoying to deal with missing features or too different user-interfaces/options. Yes, we are aware that there are differences between the operating systems, but it is your task to minimize those for the easy life of your users.
6) Export options. To say it with one sentence. It is a must for me have an export option to PDF. The html/xml options are really driving me crazy. If I want to send documents to a a friend/partner, I don't want to force those people to join evernote or even let them know that I use evernote. A neutral but common format like PDF is a MUST.
That's my hot-list. there are plenty of ideas left out, however these are most wanted from my point of view.
Hope to receive some feedback
Got aware that my point 2)encryption ....is deeply discussed in many older topics. so, forget it. However, I'd like to make clear that I meant only the option to encrypt a single attachment exactly for the reason to hide it and secure it from the INDEX process.
I am back to use my "own system" which works on all my hardware (windows, android, ios) namely: install open pgp and simply encrypt the file in question. If you want to open it, simply double click and load it in evernote, it will automatically decrypt via open (gnu) pgp.