Outlook 2010 Add-on: Saving Multiple Notes?

Before the latest version, I could select multiple emails and import them all into Evernote at once. Now when I select multiple emails, the add-on grays out and cannot be used. Seems like a loss of functionality.

For me, tagging and organizing inside Evernote is a lot more efficient than doing them one by one through the (now much slower) Outlook add-on. Is there still a way to mass-import emails?

• Level 5*

Hi.  There are two other threads on this - basically the recent change broke the multiple selection option ("by design" :mellow:).  Evernote are looking into it and (hopefully) will fix soon.  Meantime your only other option is a downdate,  which is messy and technical and really not advised unless you're desperate..

You could try sending several emails to your Evernote email address,  or setting up some sort of autoforward;  but that is subject to limits,  not available to free users any more,  will get you several emails in one note and may max out your upload limit.  Other than that it's perfectly viable... ;)

• 1 month later...

I have been trying to move from my Blackberry with many notes (973) going back several years, my own useful 'database'. Thought this would be a solution as I  was backing up all my notes into Outlook. Guess I will have to stick with my 9800 torch awhile longer. Sad as now even latest version of youtube won't install on the 9800.  I need to move to a new smartphone that will allow me to take these useful notes with me. And make them accessible from different devices. How does one track if this is being fixed and when? (I just tried Evernote today as I thought it would be the best solution.)

• Level 5*

Hi.  If you still have access to an older version of Evernote you should be able to select multiple notes with the clipper in Outlook (on a desktop) and import them that way - though I'd recommend you start with 20 or so at a time and work up in volume.  If you have the 'one item' clipper,  you could consider down-dating to a previous version of Evernote,  or wait until they fix the clipper issue.  No timescale on that as yet,  but if you keep an eye on the relevant threads in the forum,  you should see when that happens...

Thank you for your response! I'm all new to Evernote yesterday. Is there anyway for me to get a previous version that will allow multiple note selection in Outlook to Evernote. I only started with the free version to see if this will work for my needs. If previous version is not an option for me, do I just keep checking this thread to see when it is fixed or is there somewhere else Evernote lets us know fixes?

• Level 5*

Thank you for your response! I'm all new to Evernote yesterday. Is there anyway for me to get a previous version that will allow multiple note selection in Outlook to Evernote. I only started with the free version to see if this will work for my needs. If previous version is not an option for me, do I just keep checking this thread to see when it is fixed or is there somewhere else Evernote lets us know fixes?

By posting here you booked an email for any responses (if that didn't happen for any reason,  click Follow this topic at the very top right) - you'll be aware as soon as the situation changes.  If that doesn't happen within a reasonable time,  remind us again and we can talk you through stepping back to an older version;  good to avoid that if you possibly can,  though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Level 5*

Hi.  I believe one of the Evernote guys said it was a design choice.  All due respect to an otherwise helpful individual,  it was a really dumb choice.  It could be something to do with Outlook complicating the tech side of things,  but they're not commenting further at this time.  And yes I really really want this back too...  :(

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also looking for this feature to be restored.  I was just starting to evaluate Evernote when I discovered this issue.  I haven't used it for anything more than testing so far.  

If I can't import all of my notes from Outlook, then I will have to give up on Evernote and find another solution.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Level 5*
13 hours ago, Alvah Sewell said:

Can we get an update this? Time frame for when this might be fixed?

hi.  I'm using the current beta 5.9.7 and can confirm that it now includes multi-email selection.  Again.  Finally..  ^_^

Archived