Copy & Paste of Table Changes Number of Columns

Bill Totman

Idea

If I select all of a table from a note WITHIN Evernote and paste it into a different note WITHIN Evernote, the table's rows go from three (3) to one (1) column.

This used to work - as recently as mid-April (but as late as April 29th).

Any insight would be appreciated.

7 replies to this idea

This is a deal breaker.

I have put up with the ridiculous, nigh impossible to copy and paste in iOS (because the copy and paste dialog immediately disappears) but I cannot put up with this most basic behavior not functioning within a desktop application.

I had already overlooked the recent changes in copy & pasting from Evernote into an email (again, which used to work) but it now loses checkboxes in the formatting and adds blank lines willy nilly - it's quickly lost it's usefulness.

I guess this is the price of 'free'.

• Level 5*

Hi - if the app doesn't suit your needs,  then all you can do is try something else.  Copy and paste and general editing behaviour has never been a strong point - if that's what you need...

• Level 5*

Hi - if the app doesn't suit your needs,  then all you can do is try something else.  Copy and paste and general editing behaviour has never been a strong point - if that's what you need...

@Gaz:  That's a very unhelpful response to a BUG that has just been created by EN Mac 6.0.13.  Copy/Paste of Tables was working fine in Ver 6.011.  This is not about asking for a new feature.  It's about asking for quality software.

IMO, users are justified in being upset and angry with Evernote's very poor testing of updates PRIOR to release.

Many of us have a lot invested in Evernote, and to suggest that we should just throw all that away and switch apps because of a new bug is irresponsible, IMO.

BTW, there are many reports by other users of this BUG.

• Level 5*

Again with the commentary...

I cannot put up with this most basic behavior not functioning within a desktop application.

Up to the OP to make a decision.  Wait for Evernote to fix a bug or find something that works.

• Level 5*

If I select all of a table from a note WITHIN Evernote and paste it into a different note WITHIN Evernote, the table's rows go from three (3) to one (1) column.

Bill, I suggest that you file a bug report.  The more users who do submit a bug report the faster Evernote will make the fix.

IMO, this is a major BUG that Evernote cannot afford to ignore.  Although I have no way of knowing, I expect Evernote to fix this bug quickly.  So I would NOT jump ship right away.

If it is a major problem for you, you can always downgrade to EN Mac Ver 6.0.11, where it was working properly.

Submit a BUG report via an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Report a bug", and start the Ticket Title with "BUG:  " to make it clear.  Reporting a bug should be available to all users, including Free Account owners.  Other Ticket types available to Free users are "Data Loss", "Crash", & "Sync Issue".

• Level 5*

I could not find a link to the Ver 6.0.11 download, so I have uploaded the Direct D/L that I previously downloaded from Evernote.com to my Dropbox account. You can download Ver 6.0.11 here.

I'm not sure if you can just delete the Evernote.app for Ver 6.0.13, and then download install Ver 6.0.11 or not.

If you decide to try this, be sure to export all of your Local Notebooks to ENEX files (one per NB) first.

If you run into problems, you can do a clean install.

See How to Completely Remove and Reinstall EN Mac 

Archived