Scans take too long to appear

PatrickL

The last several times I have used the app from my phone, I have saved a scan to a notebook, and the app says it has saved the scan successfully, yet the scan doesn't appear in the notebook when I look at it in the browser on my pc for about a day or more later.  This is very annoying. Sometimes I think that the scan has failed to save somehow, so I do it again, only to find later that I then have 2 scans in the Scans notebook with similar names.

What is going on please? How can this be fixed?

NB I also had problems posting even this very simple new topic.  I got an error message "Sorry, an error occurred. Your topic contains suspected spam." until I made apparently trivial changes to the topic heading and content (making them slightly shorter in each case) - please fix that problem as it makes posting new topics in this forum very frustrating.

Update: sometimes the scan doesn't appear in the notebook until I save another scan.  Eg I did a scan yesterday, call it Scan1, and saved it to Evernote, but it still wasn't appearing a few minutes ago. I have just done a new scan, call it Scan2, and saved it to Evernote.  Now when I refresh my Scans notebook in Evernote, I can see both scans (Scan1 and Scan2)! What is going on? Please fix this counter-intuitive/buggy behaviour.

It is very hard to tell what the sync settings are. For my phone (an iPhone 6) generally, it is meant to sync automatically (and most of the time I have access to Wifi, including when I have performed my most recent scans when the delays occurred).  There don't seem to be any options to set sync settings in the Scannable app, and when it says "Saved to Evernote", what else can it mean except that the scan has been uploaded to the Evernote server, in which case, why doesn't it appear immediately when I look at my notebook on my pc and refresh the browser? (NB I don't need to "sync my pc", because I am not using the Evernote desktop app, instead I am looking at my account on evernote.com in a browser). After all, "saved to Evernote" surely can't mean saved to some other, holding place, and what would be the point anyway: if it can be saved to a holding place in the cloud, why not save it directly to my desired notebook in the cloud?

• Level 5*

I haven't seen details of exactly how and when Scannable sends information to Evernote,  but syncing a note with the server is something that EN iOS already does regularly,  so I'd be surprised if Scannable had a whole separate process to sync direct to the website.  I'd guess that Scannable passes attachments to EN iOS,  which then as part of its regular sync - and provided there's a viable network signal,  and it's not been restricted just to syncing on wifi - will go to Evernote.

More here on syncing - https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/71507-how-often-does-en-sync-on-iphone/

When you look at the notebook via a browser on your PC,  you're looking at the server version so a sync isn't necessary at that end.  But if you don't see your scanned note there,  it's because the 'phone hasn't sent (synced) the details yet. 

The last several times I have used the app from my phone, I have saved a scan to a notebook, and the app says it has saved the scan successfully, yet the scan doesn't appear in the notebook when I look at it in the browser on my pc for about a day or more later.  This is very annoying. Sometimes I think that the scan has failed to save somehow, so I do it again, only to find later that I then have 2 scans in the Scans notebook with similar names.

What is going on please? How can this be fixed?

Can you help clarify what Evernote client you are using? 

Archived