Link to Tags or Saved Searches in Notes

I scan in a business card and then I create a link to that evernote and post that link on their google contact.  I can click the link, it takes me to their business card.

From their business card I need a link to every conversation we've ever had.  I send important e-mails to evernote, I copy text messages over to evernote, and I hand write to-do's I agree to do for the person in evernote while I'm standing outside their office.

Now, I need to find all that information quickly when they call me.

I could create a link to every evernote I create and post it to the main business card page but that is a real pain since there is often a note a week from 50 people or more.

Ideally, I could save a search on their name, drag that link to their business card page and everytime I need it quickly then it is there.  It does me no good to put it on the favorites bar because I'm on a tablet and pretty soon those 50 names start running off the page and since it isn't alphabetical I have to slowly sort thru the whole list.

Is there some code I can put on my business card page to save that search on my business card for each of my customers?
  • Level 5*

Have you considered creating a tag for each customer, tagging all their notes with it and then searching with that tag?  IOS tag search and incremental text search is pretty quick.

Add a reminder to the business card so that it gets pinned to the top of the note list (having already filtered by tag for each customer, as @csihilling suggested) on the Desktop clients... and is one tap away on mobile device in any tag context by accessing the alarm clock icon, which is also spotted rather easily in the note list.

You can still have the business card link you pop into their Google contact take you to that note in Evernote... and then filter for the corresponding customer tag once in Evernote.

• Level 5*

Have you considered creating a tag for each customer, tagging all their notes with it and then searching with that tag?  IOS tag search and incremental text search is pretty quick.

@CS has the right idea here.  I'd just add that if you prefix all of your customer/people tags with something like "PEO." then you can quickly initiate the tag filter (in iOS and PC/Mac) just by entering the text "peo." and all of your people tags will be shown that you can easily select.

I would also suggest you use a standard naming convention AFTER the "PEO.".  I use FirstnameLastInitial, like "PEO.CalS".

I like using the first name because it is easier for me to remember and spell.   ;)   But you can use whatever works best for you.

... if you prefix all of your customer/people tags with something like "PEO." then you can quickly initiate the tag filter (in iOS and PC/Mac) just by entering the text "peo." and all of your people tags will be shown that you can easily select.

The shortest and sweetest explanation to date on tag prefixing. Nice.

• Level 5*

Per @JM prefixes are a big help.  Sometimes you can simplify to a single character, depending upon your preferences.  I don't remember where I picked it up, maybe a GTD or TSW article, but in that article it recommended = . % ! as a leading character for =people, .projects, %location.context and !priority.  So =Cal is a sample people tag.  Just another way to skin the cat.  Whichever way you you choose it will help you to control and assign tags. Good luck.

Archived