We apologize for the inconvenience, but chat support is currently unavailable. Please feel free to submit an email ticket or reach out at discussion.evernote.com. Thank you for understanding. ×

Why is Clipper 5.9 for Firefox so terrible?

ElwoodNose

Idea

I've been using Clipper for a few weeks on Chrome with great ease, then decided maybe I should work more in Firefox. Web Clipper in Firefox is an absolute disaster compared to Chrome - why? It flickers like a strobe light; nowhere near as pleasant or easy to use.

6 replies to this idea

I've been having similar strobing issues with Evernote Web Clipper 6.6 (c6a3ad5/1.1.0.926) on the Chrome Browser Version 45.0.2454.85 m.  It happens intermittently, strobing and sometimes clipping ok, and sometimes switching to another tab and clipping that.  Just started a week or two ago.  It is happening on my desktop, and perhaps also on a Chromebook and a Nexus 7 -- I haven't really kept detailed records.  I will add more to this post if I get more data on this issue.

• Level 5*

For information - after a dew days' use I'm getting clipper 'hangs' - I click the icon,  the 'in progress' icon shows active...  and stays that way,  even though the clip is now in Evernote.  The only way to stop the clipper action/ clear the page is to close it.  I'm about to move up a version in Firefox (to Fx40) I'll let you know if this continues...

Archived