Why do Home Depot receipts take so long to load in Evernote

I have all my Home Depot receipts get E-mailed to Evernote. I like how it automatically tags them with "Receipt." However, one problem is trying to pull them back up in Evernote for Windows. It takes forever (at least 30 seconds) before the full receipt image actually pulls up in the window, and I just have to wait. Anyone know why and any way to fix it. I don't have this problem with any other note that I know of that I've placed in Evernote, and I've been using Evernote for 5 years.

• Level 5

I wonder if the "receipt" is...

• an actual receipt that is completely stored in your Evernote account (fast),

or

• just an embedded link that has to go back through your Home Depot password / sign-on process to access an image of the receipt in Home Depot's network (slower).

I think the receipt is an image, as it pulls up even when I don't have an Internet connection. No sign in / password related to Home Depot. When I check out at Home Depot, it has my Evernote E-mail address saved as associated with my credit card, and asked if I want to E-mail it. I say yes, and it goes across. 

Here's an example, that I shared publiclly now:

http://www.evernote.com/l/ABQQW7qBOt5Lw4VqTbvBEGkC2qKumKnWr64/

I think the receipt is an image, as it pulls up even when I don't have an Internet connection. No sign in / password related to Home Depot. When I check out at Home Depot, it has my Evernote E-mail address saved as associated with my credit card, and asked if I want to E-mail it. I say yes, and it goes across. 

Here's an example, that I shared publiclly now:

http://www.evernote.com/l/ABQQW7qBOt5Lw4VqTbvBEGkC2qKumKnWr64/

yikes, that shared note never even loaded for me (the Evernote decorations loaded, but just a persistent spinner for the note content!). What are the file sizes of those images?

• Level 5
I was able to see it.

It is not a scanned paper receipt.

It is an e-Receipt that seems to be accessed through the Home Depot "My Account".  

I don't have a Home Depot "My Account" so I can't test it.

I don't know what is causing the delay in loading it.

It came up for me, too. 

How about testing this: next time have one emailed to your regular email account and then from there put it into your Evernote account. Does that work any faster?

Archived