This post is about ideas, suggestions

josevall

Idea

I know a CRM is better than Evernote for...

...well, managing customer relationships but anyway I want to ditch my old, big, unused CRM and make ever present Evernote my brand new contact manager.

Any tips, ideas on how to's, setup configurations, tags, email handling, linking, will help a lot.

My current initial setup:

1 new Notebook called CRM

The note title will be the contact name and title

A 10 row 2 column table for contact info like phone, email, address

After the table and sorted by date are the activities with the contact: links to emails, comments, meetings, phone calls, 

An exported .enex note template ---like a form--- stored locally that I can re-use everytime a new contact is needed

Tags: Not many implemented yet, just the usual: Client, personal, prospect, 

Thank you for your comments, very much appreciated!

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

One joy of Evernote is that you can set it up from scratch to contain all the headings / tags / notes that you specifically need,  without being driven by the preconceptions of whoever developed the software.  If you're used to one CRM however,  you might find it easier to set up your notes,  tags and general process along the same lines as the original,  making changes where the original really annoys you.  If you start pulling in lots of ideas from others,  you're more likely to get bogged down in something unfamiliar that's a lot more complicated than it needs to be - and probably more prone to break down.

Evernote won't lose your data,  so you can change the system from time to time if you see room for improvement - but I'd strongly recommend the simpler the better,  and add in complexity only where you absolutely have to.

• Level 5*

I know a CRM is better than Evernote for...

...well, managing customer relationships but anyway I want to ditch my old, big, unused CRM and make ever present Evernote my brand new contact manager.

While you can somewhat make Evernote act like a CRM tool, it wlll be an ongoing challenge, and is not sharing friendly.

You may want to take a look at Apptivo.com.  It provides CRM, Contact Mgt, Task Mgt, Project Mgt, and a lot of other stuff, that works well by yourself and great with a team.  There is a free ver, and a premium ver for $10/month, with a free 30d trial.  I got it for the excellent Project Management module.

Archived