What notes are missing

I'm at a loss.  My desktop pc at work says I've got 2452 notes, my home pc says I have 2439...my ipad says I have 2421. Logging into this website, it says I have 2420 notes.  I have synched all instances of evernote on every device, pc...  Somewhere there are 32 notes on my work pc that I don't have on the evernote site.  Where are these notes?  How can I compare what is where?  

• Level 5*

Any local notebooks on the PC devices which wouldn't be included in all the totals?

One thing you can try is to add a tag to like "PC.Home" to all of the notes on your PC at home, sync both PCs, do a -tag:PC.Home search on your work PC and see what notes are left.   You can also do a tag count check on the web after that to see what it tells you.  

Do an all notes search on the web as well, sometimes the note count in parentheses is not as accurate as the search results in the bottom right.  Last time I had a problem anyway which was some time ago.

I cleared my trash in all instances of evernote across devices. I have no local notebooks at all.  I went through all 90 of my notebooks one by one and the totals for the notebooks are correct for all.  I'm still confused about what the differences could be. However, I'll try to take csihilling's advice and create tags on the separate devices and work from there.

• Level 5*

I took a look after your post and I have a similar issue myself for my synced notebooks

16,530 web

16.533 PC

16,535 iPad

16,535 iPhone

I don't have that many notebooks so a quick scan shows that I have three of six notebooks where the counts don't match.  One was easy to find, Inbox had 9 on web 8 on PC.  A note I deleted on the PC that didn't get deleted on the web.  No idea as to why.  I will be using the above method to find the remaining notes.  

Editorial:  EN does perform the "second brain" thing for me.  Since I do virtually all of my entry/maintenance on the PC, I'm less concerned the 3-5 notes, but still, syching should be faultless.

• Level 5*

. . .

but still, syching should be faultless.

Exactly!  Who knows, maybe one of the missing 3-5 Notes is very important/critical.  Maybe not today, but say in a few years when you may have forgotten about it.

These kind of discrepancies (like the difference in Search results across platforms) can really destroy our confidence in what we thought was our unforgetful second brain.

Archived