Inability to email notes is killing me...

I love evernote, and have been using it for the past 6 months as my primary place for organizing and taking notes at work.  I also converted a number of colleagues to use evernote.  The recent change in evernote that prevents me from sharing my notes via email has created a dead stop in my ability to collaborate with the tool.  Now, either everyone I work with needs to use evernote, or it's not useful. So frustrating.  Please bring back the email note function!!!!  In the meantime, I am moving over to breeze+google drive as my new collaboration tool set....

• 2 months later...

I agree. I too have been using Evernote happily for the last 4 years, and i am now unable to work.

Please let us know when the email functionality returns so that we can return to using Evernote.

in the meantime, i will not use Evernote at all.  

Don't forget on Windows desktop you can streamline the process by customizing your uppermost toolbar and including the email icon, which when clicked on, will email the notes selected in your note list. Currently I see no obstacle to sending email from either the desktop or mobile clients. 

OK, i have successfully been able to email a note by right clicking and selecting "more option" under the "share note" option, and then selecting email. 

this is a lot of steps. i miss the little "send" arrow we used to have.  i will try to customize my tool bar as suggested above, but again, why should i have to do that? what about making it easier, not harder, for the user to use Evernote?

In general, I agree with you... but let's talk once you've set up the email icon thing. It's way easier than any previous method you saw available. 

... why should i have to do that?

It is not possible to get any easier... neither in execution nor intuitive placement. If emailing is your thing, that's what you're going to want on Windows desktop. 

If you were using that method and it were pulled, you'd no doubt be here making a case for it.

BTW, I only came across that recently. A shout-out to Cal (@csihilling) for pointing that out.

OK, i have successfully been able to email a note by right clicking and selecting "more option" under the "share note" option, and then selecting email. 

this is a lot of steps. i miss the little "send" arrow we used to have.  i will try to customize my tool bar as suggested above, but again, why should i have to do that? what about making it easier, not harder, for the user to use Evernote?

I very rarely send notes by email and tool bar space is always in short supply so Evernote has allowed us to customize the tool bar so folks like you can have a short cut while folks like me can either have a cleaner toobar or some other more important short cut. 

Archived