Editing checklists on android

I find it very frustrating to work with checklists in Android. If you press delete on an empty item the checkbox is not removed. You cannot reorder items easily. Select all doesn't select all items, only all text of one item. Thus removing entries is very tiresome for long checklists. This has not been improved for more than a year now. Has this not yet been noticed by anyone working on the Android client?

• Level 5*

I'm sure it's been noticed,  and it has been pointed out to the developers on numerous occasions.  Evernote have been rewriting the Edit software for various applications recently - Mac have had their launch with new list and table editing;  Windows and Android hopefully coming soon...

I find it very frustrating to work with checklists in Android. If you press delete on an empty item the checkbox is not removed. You cannot reorder items easily. Select all doesn't select all items, only all text of one item. Thus removing entries is very tiresome for long checklists. This has not been improved for more than a year now. Has this not yet been noticed by anyone working on the Android client?

@DonAndre we are working on a larger effort to update the editor on Android that should solve the issues you listed above. However in the meantime you should not be having issues deleting checkboxes. What device are you using and what version of the Android app are you on? 

@DonAndre we are working on a larger effort to update the editor on Android that should solve the issues you listed above. However in the meantime you should not be having issues deleting checkboxes. What device are you using and what version of the Android app are you on? 

1. Create a new note

2. Enable checkboxes (lower right A= icon, then checkbox)

3. Create 3 items

Go to the middle item and delete the item text. Click on the checkbox icon to remove the checkbox (IMHO the checkbox should be deletable by pressing delete on the keyboard).

Now, I can't remove that empty line in the middle and join item 1 and item 3 into one list again. But when you press "Done" and save the note you find that the empty line isn't there. So that's really strange behavior.

Archived