Access Business notes after account deactivated

jonatom

Hello, I'm posting this here as your support team is ignoring me.

We had an Evernote Business account which has now been deactivated. We don't want to continue with the subscription, but wondered whether we could have our business notes sent to us for our records as we can't access them now.

Your help would be much appreciated.

• Level 5*

Hi.  This is Evernote's user forum,  so while staffers read these posts,  they tend not to comment or deal with individual cases publicly.  The moderators here are all EN users so don't have any access to systems.

EN has been a little busy lately with frequent updates and numerous bugfixes,  so support are definitely slow.  If you have a ticket number and can post it here we can ask a Forum Admin to bounce it back up the system for a little priority.

Stating the obvious here,  but if you planned to lapse your ENB account it would have been a good idea to move/ copy the business notes into a personal folder so they remained available.  After the event,  accessing your account(s) and copying notes across is probably something that Evernote won't be able or willing to do.  It involves breaking two rules:  Confidentiality and Messing With Your Content.  Realistically your only access may be to upgrade to ENB,  copy the notes you need,  and downgrade (again) as fast as possible.

Hi I guess that is a solution... of sorts. Although it would have been better to automatically move the notes over when the account was deactivated. Stating the obvious, but that is what most users would want. Or maybe a warning email to let them know that their account was about to be deactivated and they would need to copy their notes over.

I wouldn't want you to break your rules, but I would have thought that "confidentiality" and "messing with your content" wouldn't be broken here as the content is the users (unless it now belongs to Evernote which sounds like you were messing with their content by not telling them that they would not be able to access it).

• Level 5*

Again - I'm not a staffer,  I'm a user and my comments are my opinion of Evernote policy,  not their stated practice.  Having said which I can understand why they can't send out tens of thousands (millions?) of reminder emails every month on any account which is getting close to its expiry date.  Far more people would be annoyed by the spam than accounts saved from downgrading.  But it is frequently annoying to Premium and Business customers with payments problems that a minor miss-step with payment means being put at the far end of the support queue.  I agree there should be a way to raise and deal with these issues quickly - maybe a separate Forums topic for account queries,  or CS issues?

I've escalated your ticket in our system to make sure it's answered quickly, and referenced this thread in your ticket info so an agent can refer to it. 

Evernote Business should provide a series of warnings that you will lose access to the Evernote Business content throughout the deactivation process. This access is also by design--the business account is designed to be owned by the business, with users opting into and out of with their personal Evernote account so the transition is seamless. Of course, if you're using Evernote Business as a small business (owner/operator, contractor, etc) then "opting out" of the business account could also include deactivation. Business account info should definitely be moved over to the owned Premium account prior to deactivation. 

• 5 months later...
  • Level 5*

@gbarry - Our corporate account was deactivated over the weekend without any warning to us employees. I have two years of heavy work in there that I now cannot access. There has to be some way to recover....?

I don't know what sort of availability GB has,  or how quickly your post might be seen by others - see comments above about getting a ticket number and posting it here - we can then flag the query for any of the Admins to look at.

Archived