Stacks in stacks!

• Level 5*

This has been suggested fairly often in these forums. There is plenty of discussion available on the topic, if you search the forums. Evernote is aware of the request, but they seem uninterested in adding that, so I wouldn't expect it happening any time soon, if at all. Tags can be nested arbitrarily deeply, and can be used to emulate nested notebooks/stacks,with some forethought. In general, they're more flexible as well.

• 11 months later...

Tags are no replacement for a proper hierarchical organisation of notes and stacks. I had signed up to the Premium Evernote before I discovered to my amazement that this essential (and I would have thought, fairly basic) organisational feature is absent in an otherwise extremely powerful and useful program. There are a huge amount of demands throughout the forums for nested stacks. WHY ARE EVERNOTE IGNORING THESE?

• Level 5

Tags are no replacement for a proper hierarchical organisation of notes and stacks. I had signed up to the Premium Evernote before I discovered to my amazement that this essential (and I would have thought, fairly basic) organisational feature is absent in an otherwise extremely powerful and useful program. There are a huge amount of demands throughout the forums for nested stacks. WHY ARE EVERNOTE IGNORING THESE?

Why?

Probably because a larger % of Evernote users find that tags are a superior replacement for hierarchical organisation of notes. The benefits of tagging has been discussed thousands of times on this forum.

Example:

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/57740-the-benefit-of-using-tags/

I think that's what they call an impulse buy. Except in this case it's like getting the nicer version of Pandora's box... ummm... secret Santa? 

Archived