Selectively Prevent Certain Notebooks from Syncing Up?

Is it possible to prevent certain notebooks and/or notes from being sync'd up to the EN cloud?

Is it possible to sync EN data between local network (same account and data on multiple machines on 1 internal closed network) only and not up to the EN cloud?

G

Is it possible to prevent certain notebooks and/or notes from being sync'd up to the EN cloud?

Is it possible to sync EN data between local network (same account and data on multiple machines on 1 internal closed network) only and not up to the EN cloud?

G

It's helpful mention what client(s) you're using when asking for help.

1. Yes - local notebooks (please search the board on the topic) that are only available on the Mac and Windows desktop clients. 

2. No.  Evernote is a cloud service - that's how they make their money..  Last I knew, they had no plans to allow syncing device to device.  All syncing must go through the cloud.

• Level 5*

The Forum Search is poor at best.

To get more info about Local Notebooks, you might do a Google search on "evernote create local notebooks".

You should see a good list of helpful articles.

In particular, you might view this Youtube video:

How To Set Up A Local Evernote Notebook - YouTube

Thanks, both very useful posts. 

I understand the EN cloud is the primary sync source. However, if, I wanted to create some way for multiple machines on the closed network share the same Local Notebook, is there any script or utility that can keep multiple local notebooks synced, but only locally? I know I can export/import, but looking to accomplish an automated update between 3 devices with the same local notebook information.

G

GT7, I think you could do something, but without you writing the software you would have to do it manually. My suggestion would be to export the specific notebooks and then share those exported files with Evernote accounts on other computers in your network.

The big problem is you would have to do this every time you made a change to those notebooks. So while this works well if you have a notebook that will remain stable for long periods of time (say handbook). It won't work as well for materials that you want to edit with others in your system. 

Another problem that could occur is that if one of those other users didn't mark the notebook as local, it would be uploaded to the cloud. So you'd want to caution users about that. 

Archived