Evernote as Learning Managment System

Greta Caruso

We are trying to establish Evernote Business as our Learning Management System. We want to use it to create and store all our learning resources and to deliver those resources to our students. The school has about 600 students and our trial period has been very positive. We are trying to foresee any issues and possibilities ahead. Are there any other schools using Evernote in this way?   

Search through old and new threads here in the Evernote for School section of the forum. There are many other educaters who use Evernote in their teaching, and who also Forum member, some of whom have generously shared their wokflow, many with screenshots! It will take time, but it''s your best chance to get real world answer by other educators in your position. The good, the bad, the ugly...so to speak!

• 3 months later...

We have got Evernote going as a Learning Management System LMS (of sorts). The steps so far have been

Experimentation: using Evernote just to transmit resources and tasks, we trialed the free version with small numbers of students and teachers

Small group trial:  three faculties (English, Language and Humanities) got Evernote Business and set up all their curriculum materials with their classes

Whole School: all teachers got Evernote Business and we had a brief induction period. This went well until the support was removed. Now the struggle is to re-establish the momentum.

Our staff have responded  and when they 

• could actually see the Evernote desktops of others
  • got support when things went wrong
  • had someone in the team to lead them

So we need to work out exactly how to get to critical mass, so that it becomes self-sustaining. 

• 2 months later...
  • Level 5*

hi. i haven't got any experience with implementing it as an lms in a school, but a few things come to mind based on past threads. first, you cannot rename everyone's notebooks as an administrator, so make sure to get the names right the first time. second, if you establish some basic rules for naming and tagging conventions, that might save you some headaches. things go wrong, sometimes, and it never hurts to have your own backup somewhere. perhaps the administrator could run a mac, plug in time machine to make sure everything is backed up.

• 4 weeks later...

CourseSites by Blackboard is a free learning management system for K12 and Higher Ed Instructors enabling blended & eLearning. I published a blog post before about how I use Evernote in my classroom. When you think of a learning management system you immediately focus on the features, ease of use (ideally) and more importantly how it ties directly. If you want to learn more about how to use Evernote as a document management system for your business, check out the below webinar with Brooks Duncan.

Best Pizza in NJ

Archived