Sync problem: older note replaces newer version

• Level 5*

Evernote should only replace content where the updated date of the server copy of a note is more recent than the updated date of the copy on the device you're using.  Best to sync and exit Evernote on the iPhone before you edit a note on the iPad,  and best to sync both before and after you edit on the iPad,  or any other device.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having a similar problem I think.

To get around part of it, I'm running on the webclient which should update almost immediately.

Somehow my iphone4 running IOS8 does not sync my "today" list unless I restart evernote.

Even manually syncing it using the circular arrows doesn't work. The note remains unchanged.

Then sometimes the iphone note overwrites the one I'm using online.

Afterthought, I deleted the note and created a new one. Same problem.

Any thoughts?

I now do what Operative suggested (thanks to him). I run Evernote on only one device at a time and always manually sync it, whether I'm closing it or not. That avoids the problem of conflicting versions on different devices and the risk of an older version replacing a newer one (the original problem). Not ideal (the program should be able to handle these situations) but better than nothing.

• 9 months later...

I have the same problem! it is very problematic when updated content are lost.

Evernote should really consider comparing with the time on device, and create conflict versions! It is very often that mobile devices are not connected to internet, especially when travelling, 

• Level 5*

... and traveling can get you a wrong time stamp when you traverse time zones.  That or one of the devices can just have the wrong time set.  And if you aren't connected to the internet then there's no way to lock the note, if one wanted to go down that path.  Just some of the issues with syncing. 

EN may be able to improve syncing (recent addition of quasi real time sync after a note update on Windows for example), but in the meantime, the safe bet is to be sure and sync when entering/leaving a platform.. 

Archived