To Trash by Accident

I'm a beginner who accidentally deleted many notes, and can't find "Trash" anywhere, both on iPad and Android. Yes I've scrolled down, but have had no luck! Please help...

On iOS, trash is the last entry when looking at the notebooks view. At least it used to be.

I'll qualify, then: on Android, the Trash doesn't appear to exist in the latest clients. Someone else will need to check those iOS thingies.

Yeah, I'm no longer installing latest public releases anymore. I do know the version I have on my iPad (7.4.2.310718) has trash.

I'm a beginner who accidentally deleted many notes, and can't find "Trash" anywhere, both on iPad and Android. Yes I've scrolled down, but have had no luck! Please help...

On iOS, trash is the last entry when looking at the notebooks view. At least it used to be.

X marks the spot. 

On Windows desktop and iOS, at least, trash is indeed the last notebook in the notebook list. Did you know that you can add your trash can to the Shortcuts list... just as you would any other notebook? On desktop you can right click and add it or drag it to Shortcuts. On  iOS you can tap on "edit" at the top right of the Notebook list, tap on information, then flip the switch to add it to Shortcuts. Plus it even gets a little trashcan icon. Woohoo!

One little thing... on iOS, one can delete the trash can from the notebook list. Haven't tried... so I don't know if it can be restored, since I don't see anything in settings. If in fact you can't restore it until the next update... and if that were the same on Android, you could try adding the trashcan to the Shortcuts list on desktop - it will reflect on all other platforms.

I'll qualify, then: on Android, the Trash doesn't appear to exist in the latest clients. Someone else will need to check those iOS thingies.

I didn't know that... but now, at least, we know you can add trash to the Shortcuts list on other platforms... and hopefully it appears on iOS Android too. Hopefully. 

• Level 5*

I tried adding a Trash shortcut on the Windows client. That worked, but when it synced to the Android client, and I tried it there, it didn't work. Nothing happened, which is different from how a notebook shortcut works. I'm pretty sure that the notes that are in the Trash are just not on the Android device, though I'd need to dig deeper to find out..

I tried adding a Trash shortcut on the Windows client. That worked, but when it synced to the Android client, and I tried it there, it didn't work. Nothing happened, which is different from how a notebook shortcut works. I'm pretty sure that the notes that are in the Trash are just not on the Android device, though I'd need to dig deeper to find out..

Seems like Android (and Windows smart phone?) might be the odd one out. When I add trash to Shortcuts on iOS it shows up on the Windows desktop client - and vice-versa. 

Yeah, I'm no longer installing latest public releases anymore. I do know the version I have on my iPad (7.4.2.310718) has trash.

The way Evernote is stripping away functionality in each new release its like a dystopian world of degeneration

Archived