Does the ***** spam in this Forum mean that EN is not secure?

• Level 5

If you are a free user, and ask Evernote support for assistance with your account, they will tell you to come to this forum.

The amount of spam has increased dramatically over the past few weeks. Every night Baba and his love trolls jump in with dozens of black magic messages. I just got rid of 20 of them a couple hours ago.

Evernote is in the process of shifting their focus from consumers to a corporate focus.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/nov/04/evernote-premium-price-phil-libin

It certainly looks like they are not too concerned about the posts in this 3rd-party forum. Rather than address the problem directly, Evernote asked their users (who have 300 posts or more) to clean up the spam themselves. 

It certainly looks like they are not too concerned about the posts in this 3rd-party forum. Rather than address the problem directly, Evernote asked their users (who have 300 posts or more) to clean up the spam themselves. 

Eh, this is incorrect. We are working on addressing the problem directly, and I've stated so in other threads--we are bringing employees to help control the influx of spam to our forums.

To the OP--spammers hitting our forum have no bearing on the security of Evernote--but rather are a function of the forum's traffic and popularity. We're working on the team that will regularly clear out on nights and weekends.

Though I have to add, we are incredibly appreciative of the community members who are helping keep it under control as we get these employee resources online and joining in removing spam.

Archived