Rename attachment

mitchell johnson

Idea

21 replies to this idea

I am having the same problem, starting today. Scanned a document using ScanSnap, saved it as a pdf file, tried to rename the attachment to the same as the evernote name. Rename Attachment is grayed out. I've been using this function successfully for at least a year. What changed?

I have been having this same issue from the last update. A WAY TO FIX BELOW:

I have to click into the "body" of the note itself. Once the cursor is flashing in the note (usually before the attachments) I can right click and rename. The function still works, sadly just not as it did before when all that I needed to do was right click an attachment.

This fix works for me also but the workflow is no longer intuitive and requires an extra click.

I have been having this same issue from the last update. A WAY TO FIX BELOW:

I have to click into the "body" of the note itself. Once the cursor is flashing in the note (usually before the attachments) I can right click and rename. The function still works, sadly just not as it did before when all that I needed to do was right click an attachment.

Having the exact same issue.  I have upgraded to 5.7.2 and I am unable to rename the attachment.   This is an option I have been using every day for the last 2+ years.   I have a support ticket and discussion ongoing with support but no resolution yet.

• Ex Employees

If you right click (control + click) on the file in your note, you should see the option 'Rename Attachment...' A pop up window should appear where you can rename every instance of the attachment in the note.

This will only update the file name inside Evernote and not the original file located outside of Evernote. 

Archived