Evernote Network Error just dumped my work

So here I am passionately writing my comments to an important article, and I get the infamous Evernote Network Error message.  I've seen it before, and usually its not that big of a deal.  Maybe I lose the last few minutes of writing.  This time however I lost everything but the title.  A half hour or more content lost in a blink.  Okay.  So i'm stupid to trust my content to Evernote or Chrome or my Network provider or whoever it is to blame.  Sadly, Evernote is the interface that dropped my work, so not much sense in blaming anyone else but Evernote.  You might not like this Evernote, but its your job to sort out the mesh of dependencies and protect my time and effort.  If you can't do that, then how can I use your service?

• Level 5*

Yes, we have learned that we can't trust Evernote, so we have to save and save often, sync and sync often.

But I agree with garylyn, even if the Internet or network connection is lost, Evernote should be caching a local copy of EVERYTHING we have entered into a Note until it is saved/sync'd.

• Level 5*

I'm pretty sure that with the proper design, the info entered in a web form can be retained/restored if the submit fails due to network error.  

It's interesting, as I am typing this, below in the Status line of this form, it says "Last auto saved:  6:08:01 PM"  It did this without any action on my part (other than typing this).  I don't know how or where my text is saved, but that's what we need with Evernote.

So here I am passionately writing my comments to an important article, and I get the infamous Evernote Network Error message.  I've seen it before, and usually its not that big of a deal.  Maybe I lose the last few minutes of writing.  This time however I lost everything but the title.  A half hour or more content lost in a blink.  Okay.  So i'm stupid to trust my content to Evernote or Chrome or my Network provider or whoever it is to blame.  Sadly, Evernote is the interface that dropped my work, so not much sense in blaming anyone else but Evernote.  You might not like this Evernote, but its your job to sort out the mesh of dependencies and protect my time and effort.  If you can't do that, then how can I use your service?

Sorry, but I have little sympathy for someone who knowingly uses a product that they've already had problems with for important notes & then is annoyed when they lose the important note.

• Level 5*

..and if I'm using a Dell computer and a Firefox browser to access my Evernote web account over a British Telecom landline carrying my Sky connection that falls over because a Siemens switcher at my local exchange fails... who's responsible for my lost data exactly?  (Safe bet that everyone's T&Cs exclude it anyway)

Safest route for important documentation is to draft it at least in a locally saved WP file.

Archived