Restrict search to notes with specific Tags.

I want to search for notes that have specific tags. 

I recently discovered that if I hold the Alt key and click specific tags they appear to the left of the search field in the upper right corner of the screen. So far so good.

But... when I start to type a search word those tags disappear. :blink:

Am I doing it wrong?

in the search field:

tag:tag1 tag:tag2 query

so add whichever tags you want, then type your search term. Keep in mind I think this might be a tag1 OR tag2 search, rather than a tag1 AND tag2. 

Also, for more on why/why not, and how/how not to use tags, see this very elaborate discussion:

The Benefit of Using Tags

Thanks, I'll check out that thread, and try the search syntax you suggested; to see if it's AND or OR.  Maybe it come clear in the thread

• Level 5*

Thanks, I'll check out that thread, and try the search syntax you suggested; to see if it's AND or OR.  Maybe it come clear in the thread

Default is an AND query, unless you have "any:" in the search. You should keep the search explanation panel open, and that will tell you for sure. And on that panel, you can select Any or All from a dropdown to change.

The Knowledge Base article for search is here: https://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/23245321

• 10 months later...

in the search field:

tag:tag1 tag:tag2 query

so add whichever tags you want, then type your search term. Keep in mind I think this might be a tag1 OR tag2 search, rather than a tag1 AND tag2. 

Also, for more on why/why not, and how/how not to use tags, see this very elaborate discussion:

The Benefit of Using Tags

Hi Scott. 

The problem I have is that after selecting one or two tags, when I then try to type in the search box the tags disappear. 

Using the syntax method you have shown above works fine for me but obviously it would be a lot more convenient if one could just click tag and then type.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Archived