my notes in evernote

Posted · Hidden by gazumped, September 22, 2014 - Spam
Hidden by gazumped, September 22, 2014 - Spam

What makes English to Spanish translation and Spanish to English translation at Translations today different is that we provide translation that is culturally accurate. While undertaking translation, it is important to have a translator that is skilled in the language and has understanding about the regional peculiarities and cultural differences along with business intricacies. The translators we select for Spanish to English translation are professionals with this understanding. These translators know that certain Spanish words can mean different things in different regions and they keep these differences in mind while providing translation services. This is one of the reasons why our translations are among the most accurate to be found in the industry today. Translationstoday.com

----------

English to Spanish Translation

• Level 5*

Hi.  Where did you download these notes from?  Evernote is a note taking application - if you are logged into your account on the web,  or if you have installed it onto your phone tablet or desktop computer and have the software running,  you should be able to see all of your notes all of the time.

Dear Gazumped,

Thank you for your prompt reply. The notes I downloaded are emails that I forwarded into my Evernote account. i forwarded them because they were already in e-mail form, rather then re-typing them. some were e-mail pictures. i will be doing this a lot.

they are notes now in my Evernote account and all i want to do is read them. but when i clock on them the title comes up but i can't open them to read them. it looks simple but they won't open.

Thank you,

Henry

Dear Gazumped,

Thank you for your prompt reply. The notes I downloaded are emails that I forwarded into my Evernote account. i forwarded them because they were already in e-mail form, rather then re-typing them. some were e-mail pictures. i will be doing this a lot.

they are notes now in my Evernote account and all i want to do is read them. but when i clock on them the title comes up but i can't open them to read them. it looks simple but they won't open.

Thank you,

Henry

When you say "[the] are notes now in my Evernote account", how do you know?  Are you viewing from the web client?  What client are you using?  If you're using a mobile client, do you have internet access?

please let me explain what i am doing which, i think, should be very simple and i am going to do it many times.

i receive a normal email which i want to keep and some of them are pictures. so, i forward them in my evernote e-mail account which automatically puts them in my Evernote "notes" with the other evernote "notes" with their own heading. then, i try to pull them up at a later date and the heading does come up correctly, but the body of the note does not. what can i do to read these notes?

please let me explain what i am doing which, i think, should be very simple and i am going to do it many times.

i receive a normal email which i want to keep and some of them are pictures. so, i forward them in my evernote e-mail account which automatically puts them in my Evernote "notes" with the other evernote "notes" with their own heading. then, i try to pull them up at a later date and the heading does come up correctly, but the body of the note does not. what can i do to read these notes?

What client are you using?  If you're using a mobile client, do you have internet access?

THIS EVERNOTE IS GETTING TOO COMPLICATED. I DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN BY "CLIENT".

MY PROBLEM SHOULD BE AS SIMPLE AS ONE CLICK. MY EVERNOTE ACCOUNT IS OPEN AND THERE ARE SOME NOTES THAT OPEN UP NICELY WHEN I CLICK ON THE HEADING OF EACH NOTE. BUT THE ONES (MOST IMPORTANT) THAT I FORWARDED FROM MY PERSONAL EMAIL TO MY EVERNOTE ACCOUNT,USING MY EVERNOTE EMAIL WILL NOT OPEN UP AT A LATER TIME. I KNOW THEY ARE IN MY EVERNOTE ACCOUNT BECAUSE THEY ARE LISTED WITH ALL OF MY OTHER NOTES. IF I CAN'T BE ABLE TO OPEN THEM, THEN I HAVE NO USE FOR EVERNOTE.

THIS EVERNOTE IS GETTING TOO COMPLICATED. I DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN BY "CLIENT".

MY PROBLEM SHOULD BE AS SIMPLE AS ONE CLICK. MY EVERNOTE ACCOUNT IS OPEN AND THERE ARE SOME NOTES THAT OPEN UP NICELY WHEN I CLICK ON THE HEADING OF EACH NOTE. BUT THE ONES (MOST IMPORTANT) THAT I FORWARDED FROM MY PERSONAL EMAIL TO MY EVERNOTE ACCOUNT,USING MY EVERNOTE EMAIL WILL NOT OPEN UP AT A LATER TIME. I KNOW THEY ARE IN MY EVERNOTE ACCOUNT BECAUSE THEY ARE LISTED WITH ALL OF MY OTHER NOTES. IF I CAN'T BE ABLE TO OPEN THEM, THEN I HAVE NO USE FOR EVERNOTE.

PLEASE DO NOT SHOUT! You came here asking for help. We are trying to help you but cannot help you unless you give us more detailed information.

The client is how you are trying to access the notes. Web browser? Mac or Windows desktop client (downloaded & installed?) Mobile client???

We need to know, are you trying to access with a mobile client? (IE smart phone, tablet) If so, do you have an internet connection when you are trying to pull up the notes???

PLEASE EXCUSE ME. I AM NOT SHOUTING. THE REASON I USE CAPITAL LETTERS IS BECAUSE I AM 80 YEARS OLD AND CAN SEE THEM BETTER.

I AM USING AN IPAD. BUT I ALSO HAVE MY EVERNOTE ON MY PC. SO I CAN USE EATHER ONE ( WHICH DO YOU SUGGEST I USE?) ALSO I AM COMPLETELY CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET.

THIS IS MY LAST "POST" AS PER EVERNOTE UNTIL TOMORROW. BUT I CAN ACCEPT YOURS.

I REALLY DO APPRECIATE YOUR HELP.

PLEASE EXCUSE ME. I AM NOT SHOUTING. THE REASON I USE CAPITAL LETTERS IS BECAUSE I AM 80 YEARS OLD AND CAN SEE THEM BETTER.

I AM USING AN IPAD. BUT I ALSO HAVE MY EVERNOTE ON MY PC. SO I CAN USE EATHER ONE ( WHICH DO YOU SUGGEST I USE?) ALSO I AM COMPLETELY CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET.

You should be able to view the notes from your PC (also assuming you have internet access), using either the web client (via a browser) or by downloading the EN app & installing it. To view the notes form your iPad, you should install the EN app from the Apple store. You will need to have internet access to view notes from your iPad most of the time, since the iDevices do not download the notes, but only the header. Premium accounts can set all/some notebooks for "offline access" & sync when they have access. The notes will then be downloaded in their entirety & you can access them from your iPad with no internet connection.

:-) This must be THE most unexpected reply I've seen on a forum... ever. I would also have mentioned the shouting, haha!

HENRY, I OFTEN USE WHAT THE IPAD CALLS "PINCH TO ZOOM". YOU CAN ZOOM IN TO WHATEVER YOU'RE READING OR WRITING BY USING YOUR THUMB AND FOREFINGER. START WITH THEM TOGETHER AND THEN MOVE THEM APART ON THE SCREEN TO ZOOM IN/ EXPAND. HAVE FUN!!

FRANK, thanks for joining. The "pinch to zoom" really works. thanks

Regardng my problem:

1. i am completely on the internet with both my pc and my ipad

2. i downloaded the EN app on everything several months ago and updated it.

regarding using the browser , chrome, i don"t know how to use it to read my EN notes.

If i can't read my notes after i download them on EN, what is the use in having it?

thanks,

HENRY

Hi Henry,

This may require a little bit more tinkering before we get to the bottom of things on your side...

Just one suggestion: You have already said that you've downloaded Evernote on everything. I'm assuming you already have Evernote on your Desktop (not accessing it on the internet). In my experience, Evernote on the internet (web client) does not really have any significant advantage that you wouldn't already have on your desktop PC version. For your purposes, you can practically do everything on the desktop that you can do on the web version. I can't remember the last time I used the web version, except to test results for a database of 18,000 comic strips to find words and phrases therein, which runs faster on the web... but other than that, I have no use for the web version (via your Chrome browser). You also have to sign in periodically, which you won't have to do on the desktop client (version).

If you really want to see Evernote on the web, simply go to Evernote.com (type directly into the browser address bar).

I have a sneaky feeling you might be talking about the little web clipper icon that sits in your Chrome browser. Through that you can send emails to your Evernote account and clip whole web pages. I think that's what you might be talking about. That is simply a means to get information into your account. Then, once you have clipped/ downloaded anything, you will need to go to your account itself. It should synchronize automatically to your iPad when you open the app up (if you are connected to WiFi). If you want to view it on your PC/ the web, go to Evernote.com. As I mentioned earlier, the Desktop version (I think you have that installed)  - not the web version, would be the more practical place to view your notes. The desktop version usually synchronizes and updates everything you have recently added to your Evernote every 15 minutes I think, by default. If you want to hurry that up and sync your notes immediately, you can manually hit the sync button (look at the image below). I hope this helps... If not, we'll have to try and understand your situation better :-)

Here's what the web clipper icon looks like in the top right of the Chrome browser:

Web%20clipper.PNG?dl=0

This is what the latest Evernote Desktop/ PC client (version) looks like. Yours should look similar to this (not web version) I have circled the manual sync button so you can see where that is located:

Evernote%20-%20Windows%20Desktop.PNG?dl=

Oh... By the way... and this is what the Web version should look like:

web%20version.PNG?dl=0

FRANK

THAT WAS FANTASTIC SO, HERE IS WHAT I DO:

I CLICK ON THE EN ICON ON BOTH MY I PAD AND PC. EN COMES UP BEAUTIFULLY WITH THE TITLE OF ALL MY NOTES., THEN I CLICK ON THE NOTE I WANT TO READ AND NOTHING COMES UP. MOST OF THEM GOT INTO THE NOTE BECAUSE I E-MAILED THEM INTO MY EN ACCOUNT.THEY GOT INTO THE EN NOTE PERFECTLY.

WHAT NOW.

FRANK,

THAT WAS GREAT AND I APPRECIATE YOUR TIME.

HERE IS WHAT I DO:

I CLICK ON THE ICON ON BOTH MY IPAD AND PC. THE EN PAGES COME UP AND MY NOTES ARE ALL LISTED. I CLICK ON THE NOTE AND THEY COME UP FOR ME TO READ. BUT, ONLY THE TITLE COMES UP AND NO BODY. HOW DO I GET THE BODY TO COME UP? MOST OF THESE NOTES ( THE ONES THAT DO NOT COME UP) WERE E-MAILS THAT I HAD FORWARDED INTO MY EN E-MAIL ACCOUNT. THE ONES THAT I SCANNED INTO MY E-MAIL ACCOUNT DO COME UP FINE.

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

HENRY

MY PROBLEM SHOULD BE AS SIMPLE AS ONE CLICK. MY EVERNOTE ACCOUNT IS OPEN AND THERE ARE SOME NOTES THAT OPEN UP NICELY WHEN I CLICK ON THE HEADING OF EACH NOTE. BUT THE ONES (MOST IMPORTANT) THAT I FORWARDED FROM MY PERSONAL EMAIL TO MY EVERNOTE ACCOUNT,USING MY EVERNOTE EMAIL WILL NOT OPEN UP AT A LATER TIME.

FRANK

THAT WAS FANTASTIC SO, HERE IS WHAT I DO:

I CLICK ON THE EN ICON ON BOTH MY I PAD AND PC. EN COMES UP BEAUTIFULLY WITH THE TITLE OF ALL MY NOTES., THEN I CLICK ON THE NOTE I WANT TO READ AND NOTHING COMES UP. MOST OF THEM GOT INTO THE NOTE BECAUSE I E-MAILED THEM INTO MY EN ACCOUNT.THEY GOT INTO THE EN NOTE PERFECTLY.

WHAT NOW.

When you forward emails with attachments (IE pictures), most email clients ask if you want to forward the attachment.  Be sure you are saying YES to this.  Since you can call up other notes but not the ones that were forwarded emails with pictures, it sounds like the body of the note really is coming up in Evernote...it's just that it doesn't have the pictures b/c they were not included in the forwarding.

Hi Henry,

I'm still not sure what you wanted to do with Chrome...

I understand your situation now with selective notes having no body... Especially those forwarded to your EN email address.

Just to be sure, are you using the Evernote web clipper to clip emails, or are you manually typing the Evernote email address into your email address bar and then sending to Evernote?

GOOD QUESTIONS

1. NOTE THAT I AM USING G MAIL.

WHEN I FORWARD THE GMAILS I AM NOT ATTACHING THE PICTURES. HOW DO I DO THAT?

ON SOME GMAILS I TYPED DOCUMENTS AND EMAILED THEM, BUT THE BODY OF THESE DIDN'T SHOW UP EITHER, ONLY THE TITLES.

ANOTHER QUESTION, THE ONES WITH THE PICTURES I HAVE DELETED THEM. HOW CAN I GO BACK AND FIND THEM?

THANKS, HENRY

Hi Henry,

You need to go to your trash in Gmail and transfer those emails with photos out of there and back into your inbox... otherwise, in time, they will be automatically emptied from the trash, and will be irretrievable. At least now you get the chance to try and forward those to Evernote again.

A piece of advice... instead of deleting the emails you forward from Gmail to Evernote, I suggest you "Archive" them. That way, in case they do not get transferred properly to Evernote, you still have a copy:

Archive.PNG?dl=0

This is where you find your trash... and send it back to your inbox:

Gmail.PNG?dl=0

Now, as to why the photo attachments are not getting sent through to Evernote... 

Let me quickly ask again... did you use the Evernote web clipper in Gmail to send your photos/ emails to Evernote, or did you enter the Evernote email address into the email's address line?

Hi Henry,

I've just done some testing and sent a variety of emails containing photo attachments to my Evernote account... and they all appear as normal in the note body.

Just a couple of questions...

1) Does your iPad have a 3G/ 4G connection, or are you connected via WiFi to a router? 

2) Just to confirm... those notes in Evernote which should have photo attachments in the body... have you tried opening them both on your iPad AND on your desktop/ PC client (version)?

3) Would you be willing to try and send your Gmail emails to Evernote through the Evernote web clipper in your Chrome browser. (This might mean installing the Evernote web clipper, which I can walk you through). That might be an option to try for getting emails from Gmail on your PC/ laptop into Evernote... and see if perhaps the photo attachments are included when you try this route. 

By the way, did you find your Gmail emails that you deleted? Try and follow the last set of instructions I posted (steps 1-4) in the image. 

Here it is again:

Gmail.PNG?dl=0

Also, you need to enable images in your Gmail so that you can see the images I'm posting in the forum... if not, you will not see them. Either that, or you can click on the link sent via email and come to the forum... that way you will definitely see the images posted.

Good luck!

MY IPAD IS 4G AND I AM USING MY WIFI AND ROUTER.

WHEN I FIRST RECEIVED THE EMAILS I SAW THE PICTURES MANY TIMES. NOW I CAN'T FIND THEM.

I DID FIND THE EMAILS LIKE YOU TOLD ME TO, BUT THE ONES THAT HAD THE PICTURES ON THEM, I FOUND THE EMAILS WITH THE WRITINGS ON THEM BUT NOT THE PICTURES.

NOW THE BIG QUESTION; NOW THAT I FOUND THE OLD EMAILS, I HAVE TO PUT THEM IN MY EVERNOTE--HOW.

THANKS,

HENRY

Archived