Why can't I share with more people?

Hello Evernote. I've been trying hard to find an answer to this question, but I simply can't - so I hope someone here can help me.

I'm a free user, and I've been trying to share my notebook with alot of people, but after I reached 6 people, the big green "share" button disappeared whenever I'm trying to invite more. Is there a limit on the amount of persons I can share a notebook with? And if yes - then why isn't this explicit?

From the way I read the information I could find from Evernote, it says that I'm able to share a notebook with 250 persons at one time, and that they are able to edit and invite others as well. Did I understand this correctly, or is it simply because there is some limitations I haven't read about

I uploaded two pictures so you can see what I mean. The first one "no sharing button" is from the notebook I want to share with more people - but cannot. The other one is the screen I get when I try to share my other notebooks.

I hope someone can help answer my stupid question :-)

post-222996-0-48838900-1411033174_thumb.

post-222996-0-03322400-1411033178_thumb.

Hi. Please don't double post.

Hello Evernote. I've been trying hard to find an answer to this question, but I simply can't - so I hope someone here can help me.

I'm a free user, and I've been trying to share my notebook with alot of people, but after I reached 6 people, the big green "share" button disappeared whenever I'm trying to invite more. Is there a limit on the amount of persons I can share a notebook with? And if yes - then why isn't this explicit?

From the way I read the information I could find from Evernote, it says that I'm able to share a notebook with 250 persons at one time, and that they are able to edit and invite others as well. Did I understand this correctly, or is it simply because there is some limitations I haven't read about

I uploaded two pictures so you can see what I mean. The first one "no sharing button" is from the notebook I want to share with more people - but cannot. The other one is the screen I get when I try to share my other notebooks.

I hope someone can help answer my stupid question :-)

• Level 5*

I think that RWieth is trying to share a single notebook to some number of users, not a number of different notebooks (at least at this point; the edit thingy seems independent). The Knowledge base article here indicates that they ought to be able to share a notebook to 250 other users (""

Number of people joining a single notebook

Seems that they ought to be able to share with more than six people...

Jefito got it right. This is for school purposes, where we're trying to pool the best of all individual notes into one notebook - so it is a little bit sad that there somehow seems to be some hidden limit, when we agreed evernote would be our solution. I hope someone has a way to get around this, maybe...

• Level 5*

OK- it doesn't answer the question,  but it does temporarily solve the basic problem - is it feasible to make this a public notebook (ie is there any personal information that should not under any circumstances be published on the internet,  or is it all technical stuff?)  If you share that way individuals will not be able to add or edit notes directly,  but they could send the information to someone who can.  If that's too much for one person,  you could share the Evernote address for this account and have selected individuals sending content to the account with @notebook and #tag modifiers - subject to the restriction that these must be existing notebooks and tags.  Different process,  but achieves more or less the same result.

Meantime please try setting up another notebook as a test,  and try to share that in your original way with more than 6 email addresses,  and  also try setting up another free account to do the same thing with a test notebook.  If the extra shares still don't work,  it is a restriction with Evernote,  and I'd recommend submitting a support request and posting your ticket number here - we can get someone to look into it.  

If the test account shares do work,  then its something to do with your original shares or the original account,  and you may have to look into moving the 'master' notebook into a new account.

Hope some of that helps - good luck!

Archived