Not able to install Web Clipper in Chrome

KD's

I am running into the same issue while trying to install the web clipper from evernote.com - I am using Chrome Version 37.0.2062.103 m, Windows 7 Enterprise.

The error message I receive is the following:

"Package is invalid. Details: 'Could not load javascript 'content/evernote.js' for content script.'"

@CMT the error message yo posted indicates that you have some Javascript setting or other means to restrict JS from loading at installation. Can you check your settings or if you have any extension that restricts JS enabled?

• 2 weeks later...

My issue is when I click on the web clipper nothing happens.  I am running Windows 8 and chrome 5.5.3.  It used to work  and then it disappeared so I reinstalled it and now nothing happens.     I loved web clipper - so handy!

Any suggestions?

OS Windows 7, SP 1 with all current Microsoft updates
Google Chrome Version 37.0.2062.120 m

I am new to Evernote but have it working now for about a week. I have not been able to get Evernote clipper to work for me. I use Chrome exclusively. When I left click on the Elephant nothing happens.   The Clipper Elephant Icon show up in the right corner but when I click on it nothing (No Menu) comes up to clip the page. I am logged into the Evernote program at the time. Right clicking the elephant bring up the menu (Evernote Web Clipper, Options, Remove from Chrome, Hide Button, Manage,) Extensions shows only Evernote Clipper 6.2.4 and Java Runtime 2.1.3 Enabled.

Java test at Java.com shows Latest version installed (Version 7 Update 67)

I have uninstalled Java and Clipper and re-installed them, run virus scans and check to make sure no pop-up stoppers are activated. I have Avast AV and Malwarebytes Antimalware running. Any ideas? 
  • 1 year later...
On 20/9/2014 at 8:21 PM, mlmason said:

When I click on options a grey box comes up with "Evernote Clipper" in the upper left corner and then there are bullet-like points along the left side but that is all.  Nothing else is is showing in the box.  No verbage, nothing.  

Same as you, only check boxes appear and the clipper doesn't work.

This issue occurs on Windows10 entreprise (and never had a problem on Windows7)

• Level 5*
On 11/02/2016 at 8:28 AM, Fayde44 said:

Same as you, only check boxes appear and the clipper doesn't work.

This issue occurs on Windows10 entreprise (and never had a problem on Windows7)

Hi.  The 6-month break in this thread suggests that the original issue got fixed;  have you tried another browser to check that Clipper does work on your device,  and have you removed and reinstalled the Chrome extension in case it was corrupted in some way?  If you've also tried any of the other suggested tweaks in this thread which seem applicable,  it looks like you need to raise a support request.

Archived