Notebook Order

dfrancoeur

Idea

I'm a property manager and list my buildings by the number of the building, however the list of notebooks are not in order.  For example, 38 comes after 333 and not after 25 as it would seem it should.  How can I move the notebook into the correct order?

6 replies to this idea

I'm a property manager and list my buildings by the number of the building, however the list of notebooks are not in order.  For example, 38 comes after 333 and not after 25 as it would seem it should.  How can I move the notebook into the correct order?

Since the notebooks are arranged alphabetically (not numerically), this is the correct order.  If you want 38 to come before 333, you need to change 38 to 038.

The title needs to be an alphanumeric "field" or else you would not be able to include letters (if it were numeric).  Alphanumeric sorting looks at characters starting from the first one until it finds a difference.  So both 333 & 38 start with 3.  Then it goes to the next character & sees 3 vs 8, so 333 goes before 38.

If you ever called *me* "venerable", I'd beat you with my walker...

Ha! I meant it in the age-agnostic wisdom way, rather than the age-specific way ;) 

What would work even better is if Evernote allowed the user to put their notebooks in the order they choose.

Yes, in an ideal world, this would be possible, and so would the custom ordering of notes within notebooks. I wouldn't likely use either of those features personally, but I can absolutely see why they'd be useful for a great many users!

Archived