Since update I can't edit my own notes

I just ran an update to Evernote.  Suddenly when I do anything with my notes I find out that I can't edit my own notes.  It makes me request permission from myself to edit my own notes, then tells me I can't do that at this time!

Tell me Evernote has been bought by Microsoft, and I'll drop the subscription I've greatly enjoyed until now.  This is the kind of stunt they would pull!

Kindly roll back the bug.  

And quit fixing what is not broken.

Thank you!

Dora

• Level 5*

Hi - if you're getting a 'read-only' message please check out the existing threads on that.  If you see another warning,  please tell us exactly what it says.  And no,  AFAIK Evernote hasn't been bought out by anyone...  :)

• Level 5*

Uh, I think that the implication is that Microsoft is some kind of Big Brother who would intentionally stop you from editing your notes (alternative version: Microsoft is the only company out there that has bugs in their software). Or something like that.

Which Evernote client are we talking about here? WIndows, Mac, Android, iOS, web? 

What's the specific message you're seeing?

• Ex Employees

I just ran an update to Evernote.  Suddenly when I do anything with my notes I find out that I can't edit my own notes.  It makes me request permission from myself to edit my own notes, then tells me I can't do that at this time!

Tell me Evernote has been bought by Microsoft, and I'll drop the subscription I've greatly enjoyed until now.  This is the kind of stunt they would pull!

Kindly roll back the bug.  

And quit fixing what is not broken.

Thank you!

Dora

Hi Dora. I'm guessing you are using Windows from your Microsoft reference, but can you let me know if you are experiencing this while trying to access a shared notebooks and/or have a strong WiFi connection?

Archived