Adonit Jot Script

Ulagu

There is ONLY the Evernote branded Adonit Jot Script. There are other Adonit Jot _______ available (Touch/Flip/Pro/Mini). 

No personal experience using other Adonit units, but Penultimate is listed as a "jot ready app" suggesting that it should be compatible with the entire Jot line-up. Granted, it will work with any stylus, including your finger.... but the higher end Jot units will provide some palm rejection and whatnot. 

The Jot Touch is probably going to offer the best experience overall, though all of Adonit's line-up is well regarded.  

I purchased this stylus and it ruined my screens on my iPhone and iPad. my warranty is void if i replace the screens! DO NOT BUY THIS PIECE OF JUNK. YOU ARE BETTER OFF USING YOUR FINGER

This may not accurately reflect how the Jot Script and Jot Touch interact with the iPad display since they use very different tips from the Mini, Flip, and Pro.

• Level 5*

I purchased this stylus and it ruined my screens on my iPhone and iPad. my warranty is void if i replace the screens! DO NOT BUY THIS PIECE OF JUNK. YOU ARE BETTER OFF USING YOUR FINGER

I was extremely concerned about this when I bought it, but after extensive use I could not detect a single scratch. Have you reported this to the company (Adonit or Evernote)? I would be interested in hearing their responses. I have not seen anyone else complain about this either, so I am wondering if there are some other factors involved.

I was extremely concerned about this when I bought it, but after extensive use I could not detect a single scratch. Have you reported this to the company (Adonit or Evernote)? I would be interested in hearing their responses. I have not seen anyone else complain about this either, so I am wondering if there are some other factors involved.

It isn't clear that it is the Jot Script that this user is referring to, just that it was an Adonit stylus. Adonit has styli with three different tips, so unless this user clarifies, we have know way of knowing if it was the Script, or another model with a different tip. 

That being said, the Stylus with the Mini/Pro/Flip style "disc" tip have acquired a bit of a reputation for potentially causing scratches on some users screens, but again, that disc-style tip is only one SOME models. 

This may not accurately reflect how the Jot Script and Jot Touch interact with the iPad display since they use very different tips from the Mini, Flip, and Pro.

No, he is correct, the Jot Script is a POS.  There is a plastic guard for the stylus tip that fell off right after I got an early production model.  I was tapping on my iPAD screen with a piece of metal.  Returned it in the second week.

No, he is correct, the Jot Script is a POS.  There is a plastic guard for the stylus tip that fell off right after I got an early production model.  I was tapping on my iPAD screen with a piece of metal.  Returned it in the second week.

That is odd. I haven't ever seen the top fall off either of my Jot Scripts. 

That being said, it still isn't clear that the quoted post refers specifically to the Script. While it may well refer to the Script, the other Adonit models have this reputation, and have had it well before the Script existed. 

I think the moral of the story is, if your stylus tip isn't rubber, be careful.

Here is a quick update after two days of use with the Adonit Jot script Evernote edition.

There was a small learning curve to work out my writing style.  Once I figured this out I was off to the races.  I've taken over 30pages of notes so far and enjoy it very much. I expect to be fully paperless in about a month.  My biggest issue is remembering to charge my ipad each day.

I've had no issues with scratching of my screen.  I do use a Ipad screen protector but nothing fancy.

I've read the above posts and the issues they have had.  So far, my experience is quite the opposite.  To clarify, I am using the Adonit Jot Script Evenote Edition.  The Evernote edition pen is endorsed, that is a good indicator it will work as advertised and so far it has.

Thanks All.

Archived