Reviving lost notes

So here's the situation:

My organization shares an Evernote account where multiple people can get access to it to upload important information. Somehow, someone who without knowing (or got hacked) deleted everything on the account where the only notes left are the Welcome note from Evernote and a note that says "Clash of Clans Hacking - Version 6.2 - SkidrowHacking". Now, the information we had on the account is important, and I was wondering if there's anyway we could recover the lost notes. 

Thank

1) This is exactly the reason why it is a bad idea to share a single evernote account. Shared notebooks, or Evernote Business are the way to go here, since in both cases access can be somewhat controlled and with EB, deletion can be more or less safeguarded against with the admin console. 

2) I am mystified as to why you have that spammy looking note in your account. This suggests to me someone you share your account with did something very careless. I would not suspect your Evernote account was hacked. 

3) Have you checked the trash notebook?

4) Are you absolutely sure you haven't inadvertently created and logged into a second account (this can easily be done in one step, by accident). Double check this. (though because of that clash of the clans note I'm not sure this is it, but you should do it anyway)

5) You have a backup of at least one of your computers right? Of course you do. You can try to retrieve your database from that backup. Search the forums for how to recover from a backup. 

So here's the situation:

My organization shares an Evernote account where multiple people can get access to it to upload important information. Somehow, someone who without knowing (or got hacked) deleted everything on the account where the only notes left are the Welcome note from Evernote and a note that says "Clash of Clans Hacking - Version 6.2 - SkidrowHacking". Now, the information we had on the account is important, and I was wondering if there's anyway we could recover the lost notes. 

Thank

If you have a recent backup of your database, you can recover from that.

Howdy!

If I understand correctly, one option is utilize: VIEW HISTORY.

• Click on the italic "I" ICON (top R of Win version)
  • NEXT:  drop-down menu will open
  • NEXT:  click on: VIEW HISTORY
  • NEXT:  choose an available date that you think may pre-date content corruption.
  • NEXT:  SAVE (CTRL + S) and then SYNCH (F9).

Hope this proves helpful!

Alan

• Level 5*

Howdy!

If I understand correctly, one option is utilize: VIEW HISTORY.

• Click on the italic "I" ICON (top R of Win version)
  • NEXT: drop-down menu will open
  • NEXT: click on: VIEW HISTORY
  • NEXT: choose an available date that you think may pre-date content corruption.
  • NEXT: SAVE (CTRL + S) and then SYNCH (F9).
Hope this proves helpful!

Alan

Note history is a premium feature. The OP is a free user.
Note history is a premium feature. The OP is a free user.

May I suggest that using Free EN for business purposes is a risky proposition.

As an EN business User, without hesitation... I would highly recommend the low-cost PAID EN version... if you have found value in this application.

Hopefully this may prove helpful,

Alan

Archived