I LOVE Evernote but now I am scared

I keep everything on Evernote and absolutely love it.

Yesterday, my 24 year old daughter told me she stopped using Evernote because all of her notes

were suddenly deleted and she has had no luck with customer service in trying to re-instate them.

Is there something I should be doing in the way of backup?

I would be beyond distressed if this happened to my notes.

I keep everything on Evernote and absolutely love it.

Yesterday, my 24 year old daughter told me she stopped using Evernote because all of her notes

were suddenly deleted and she has had no luck with customer service in trying to re-instate them.

I would be beyond distressed if this happened to my notes.

I've been using EN every day since 2008. I'd say it's likely user error that caused your daughter's notes to be deleted. Did she look in the Evernote trash? It's difficult to comment on this without knowing more about what she did. You *do* have to understand how the syncing works, ESPECIALLY if you move between computers/devices.

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/20092-not-very-happy-right-now/?p=101095

• Level 5

Yes, do regular backups! Don't put all your trust in the cloud.

In Evernote Windows, I backup the .exb file regularly to my external drive.

I keep at least 6 past copies - 2 daily, 2 weekly, and 2 monthly.

I also use Carbonite to back up the current version every day to an off-site location.

All of my computer data, including my Evernote database, is backed up to two destinations every hour in my house, and is also backed up every 15 minutes to an offsite backup.

Can never be too careful with your data :)

And this isn't because I don't trust Evernote, it's because I don't trust anything. Every hard drive fails and every user errors.

• Level 5*

Hi. I am afraid we can't be of much help with your daughter, because we don't know the details. If you could ask her to post her support ticket number or some more information, perhaps we could flag the case for Evernote staff and possibly offer advice.

Yes. Evernote works fine. Yes. You should always back up your data. Here are suggestions.

http://www.christopher-mayo.com/?p=962

Archived