iOS apps crashing

Both my iPhone and iPad apps are crashing suddenly. I deleted and reinstalled the iPad app and now it just freezes on the sign in page (won't even let me enter my login information) and then crashes after 30 secs or so. I am on the road and have no access to my information, so it's a bit of an emergency.

I am a premium user and having exact same problem on the iphone (iOS 7), just noticed yesterday. Evernote continually crashes. I can see it running in task manager, but when I tap to open it crashes.

I have uninstalled it, rebooted, then reinstalled. Now it crashes at the sign in page as SamG above. This is a much used app, I hope there will be a quick response as to how to fix this.

Ipad version if fine.

Thanks, Brad

• Level 5*

I am seeing the same thing as well. It also seems to have started yesterday. Closing and restarting the app solves the problem (for me), but it has been quite a struggle to use, because I tend to switch apps a lot, and when I come back to Evernote it keeps freezing on me.

I've been having the same problem since yesterday, but only on my iPhone. iPad and desktop apps are working fine.

I started by forcing closed and reopening, and have progressed through uninstalling, turning it off and on again, hard-rebooting and reinstalling, and I can get no further than an unresponsive sign in screen.

Very frustrating.

Issue solved, for me at least...

If you are running a jailbroken iOS device and have the tweak Cloaky installed, that is probably the culprit. There was a recent update of that tweak to version 1.7.1, and I realized that updating that tweak was the only thing that had changed on my iDevices before Evernote stopped working. I uninstalled Cloaky, and that immediately fixed Evernote for me.

I am told that the developer of Cloaky has fixed the problem and that version 1.7.8 no longer causes this issue. I haven't personally tried it (I am now using HideMe 7 for the same functionality), so I can't verify that the issue is fixed.

• Level 5*

Issue solved, for me at least...

If you are running a jailbroken iOS device and have the tweak Cloaky installed, that is probably the culprit. There was a recent update of that tweak to version 1.7.1, and I realized that updating that tweak was the only thing that had changed on my iDevices before Evernote stopped working. I uninstalled Cloaky, and that immediately fixed Evernote for me.

I am told that the developer of Cloaky has fixed the problem and that version 1.7.7 no longer causes this issue. I haven't personally tried it (I am now using HideMe 7 for the same functionality), so I can't verify that the issue is fixed.

LOL. That's rather critical information we could have used earlier! A jailbroken environment is a rather unique factor :)

Unfortunately, on non-jailbroken stuff I am experiencing freezes and crashing. It isn't Cloaky for me.

Cloaky was the culprit for me! Updated the version of Cloaky installed and everything is back to normal.

My iPad is also jailbroken but doesn't have Cloaky installed, hence why it was still working when the iPhone wasn't.

Thank you sooo much SamG!

LOL. That's rather critical information we could have used earlier! A jailbroken environment is a rather unique factor :)

Unfortunately, on non-jailbroken stuff I am experiencing freezes and crashing. It isn't Cloaky for me.

Your point is well-taken. Frankly, it did not occur to me because, in all the years I have been using jailbroken iDevices, I had never before experienced a tweak causing just one specific stock app to crash. Springboard crashes? Sure. But with everything else on my phone and iPad working perfectly, it seemed to me that it had to be an issue with Evernote, particularly since this functions of this tweak would not suggest that it would alter or interface with the Evernote iOS app in any way.

• 3 months later...

I have the same issue since the latest update on my Kindle and my Cell phone. First with the Kindle, it couldn't even install the update, stalling everytime. I had to manually remove the evernote app, then I re-installed it from the amazon store but still wouldn't install, so I removed again and then side-loaded the app from the google store. It then installed but I can not use it, every-time I try to select a note or notebook it crashes, closing down. This morning I tried to use the one on my cell phone and the same thing is happening, crashing after I select something. I used my desk top version yesterday and this seemed to work. 

I hope they fix it soon, I use my kindle app all the time to get to my recipes, the lap top uses too much counter-space. 

I thought maybe it has to do with amazon, they had announced an android update a week ago but since my phone has the same issue it must have to do with the latest Evernote update. 
Please fix it!

Funny the Evernote status says...All systems running properly

Right!?! ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived