offline saved searches

Hello Everenoters, a question for you,

I've moved to an organization based on tags, it makes my workflow much cleaner and notes are easy to retrieve at

the right moment. When I'm offline, I want to have access to all my notes tagged read & work for example.

Is there a way to store notes matching a saved search for offline use on Android?

• Level 5*

Hi - if its a saved search,  you should have access to it from your Android but the resulting notes won't be available offline unless you have enough capacity to store your notebooks as 'offline searchable' on your phone - and you'll need to be a premium user..

Hey Gazumped, thanks for the advice,

In my case, that won't scale, all my notes are in a "Processed" notebook.

These saved searches are far from being first class citizen in Evernote aren't they?

Hard to find at first, hard to edit, useless for offline synchronisation... 

• Level 5*

What is a "first class citizen" of Evernote? Saved searches are just normal Evernote searches that you can reference from a list. The difference here is a property of the the way that notes and search indexes are cached on Android in non-offline notebooks, not of  searches (saved or ad hoc). 

Gazumped, I do, that's why I'd like to use them everywhere,

Jefito, true, that's a way to see saved search and apparently the current implementation.

Saved searches are a replacement for the Notebook system when you start using tagging,

and it renders offline synchronisation useless:

No arrangement of Notebooks can capture "all articles I need to review", "all tasks for project W", "all tasks that can be done offline",

basic tagging rules can.

• Level 5*

Enoch, you can build more complex searches using Advanced Search off of the magnifying glass search icon. Multiple tag selection could be easier, but it can be done, and you can also pick other criteria.

Enoch, you can build more complex searches using Advanced Search off of the magnifying glass search icon. Multiple tag selection could be easier, but it can be done, and you can also pick other criteria.

Yes, in Evernote for Android, offline search works if I wanna see all notes tagged with A and B and C: tag:A tag:B tag:C

It´s also true if I wanna see notes with the word "test" in the title OR in the body of the notes.

But it can't handle searches such these:

• Search for notes tagged with (A and B and not C): tag:A tag:B -tag:C
  • Or sometimes I wanna: tag:A intitle:test
  • Or even: intitle:test

Archived