How to not auto open attachment

TonyPiper

I am using the windows desktop version of evernote. 

Every time when I drag and drop or using the paper clip to attach a file to a note, the file is automatically open and put as part of the content of the note (e.g. if I attach a .txt file, the content is being put inside the note instead of showing as a file).

Is there any way I can disable that function?  I went through all the option settings but no couldn't find any setting on this.  Most of the time I don't actually want the attachment as part of the display content. 

Please help.  Thanks.

• Level 5*

It's an option in Windows (Tools > Options > Notes) to always show PDF files as attachments,  and you can also right-click a PDF note and choose "show as attachment".  Most other file types will show as icons anyway,  except TXT files are included in the note and JPG/ PNG files always show as a picture.  If you wish to avoid the display,  try zipping the file before attachment.  It will then show as an icon.  The content will not however be searchable.

I am using the windows desktop version of evernote. 

Every time when I drag and drop or using the paper clip to attach a file to a note, the file is automatically open and put as part of the content of the note (e.g. if I attach a .txt file, the content is being put inside the note instead of showing as a file).

Is there any way I can disable that function?  I went through all the option settings but no couldn't find any setting on this.  Most of the time I don't actually want the attachment as part of the display content. 

Please help.  Thanks.

When you drop, hold down the shift key.

• Level 5*

In case there are any EN Mac users watching, you will need to hold down the OPT key when dropping a .txt file into the body of a Note to capture it as an attachment.

Archived