How do I set a default notebook?

ursula

I'm guessing this has a simple answer, but I haven't found it yet.

When I use the Safari web clipper, it automatically selects a notebook, which I then have to change. Since I almost always send clips to my Inbox notebook, I'd like that to be the default, but I see no way to change this. 

Thanks in advance for any help!

Okay, I found the answer, but it wasn't obvious: click user name in sidebar, select Options. I see that I cannot select a default notebook, but can at least select "use last notebook" so I don't have to change it every time. 

Any reason why we can't make a notebook default?

• 5 months later...

Has this issue been resolved with a new release?  I'm trying Evernote Business and would really need a default notebook option to make it work for our group.  

If it has been resolved, the option isn't showing up for me so what do I need to do (for Mac)?

This is available in the Web Clippers options page. (start the web clipper and click the options link at the bottom of the clipper window). 

The setting is called 'Notebook selection' and you probably want to set it to 'Always start in > choose your notebook'

• 4 weeks later...

Feature Request: I would also like to see a "Default Notebook" setting added to all versions of Evernote (not Everclip). I have a "First Things First" notebook in which I store a number of notes to keep life priroties easily in view. I would like to be able to set Evernote to always open to this notebook. Thanks!

• Level 5*

Feature Request: I would also like to see a "Default Notebook" setting added to all versions of Evernote (not Everclip). I have a "First Things First" notebook in which I store a number of notes to keep life priroties easily in view. I would like to be able to set Evernote to always open to this notebook. Thanks!

This would be more appropriately asked in either the main Evernote General Discussion forum, or the Evernote discussion forum (for discussion on specific Evernote clients), rather than the web clipper forum. Opening to a specific notebook  is not hard to arrange in the Windows client, for example (see the ENScript section of https://dev.evernote.com/doc/articles/enscript.php). Other clients may also have this capability.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived