bitqwik problem

When I open bitqwik, I get this message: "Unable to login to Evernote with the user name and password you provided.  Please try again.  Error Details: Login failed with an OleException with the error code (8000FFFF) and message: Catastrophic failure.  Correct Evernote DLL in use?"  How can I fix this.  My access to Evernote on my computer, iPad, and iPhone is fine, so the problem is limited to bitqwik.

When I open bitqwik, I get this message: "Unable to login to Evernote with the user name and password you provided.  Please try again.  Error Details: Login failed with an OleException with the error code (8000FFFF) and message: Catastrophic failure.  Correct Evernote DLL in use?"  How can I fix this.  My access to Evernote on my computer, iPad, and iPhone is fine, so the problem is limited to bitqwik.

Please search the board on the topic. IIRC, Bitqwik no longer works & is no longer supported by the developer.

• Level 5
BitQwik was a great 3rd party program that used natural language search to resolve several issues with Evernote. 

Evernote made a questionable change in their program that affected BitQwik. The developer tried to work with Evernote, but he eventually had to give up and move on.  

I recall Evernote mentioning their plans to create natural language for the Evernote Mac version, but I have seen little development so far.

Here is a comment from Evernote's perspective & BitQwik's perspective.

Please search the board on the topic. IIRC, Bitqwik no longer works & is no longer supported by the developer.

How can I support my product if Evernote refuses to fix the problem with their Windows COM API that broke it in the first place?  You make it sound like I abandoned the project when it was my product that was abandoned by Evernote after spending years developing it.  I can't make BitQwik work if Evernote won't help me and they clearly indicated they won't.  They are the gatekeepers and I was tossed out of the playground.  In addition I've had the sorrow of answering numerous E-mails for over a year now that I still get from people asking why they have problems when running BitQwik.  I have answered every single one of them and have had to relive with each E-mail reply the massive waste of time and effort I suffered creating an advanced natural language interface that many Evernote users loved and had features that still are nowhere to be found in Evernote.  That hardly sounds like someone that walked away from a project willingly.

-- roschler

How can I support my product if Evernote refuses to fix the problem with their Windows COM API that broke it in the first place?  You make it sound like I abandoned the project when it was my product that was abandoned by Evernote after spending years developing it.  I can't make BitQwik work if Evernote won't help me and they clearly indicated they won't.  They are the gatekeepers and I was tossed out of the playground.  In addition I've had the sorrow of answering numerous E-mails for over a year now that I still get from people asking why they have problems when running BitQwik.  I have answered every single one of them and have had to relive with each E-mail reply the massive waste of time and effort I suffered creating an advanced natural language interface that many Evernote users loved and had features that still are nowhere to be found in Evernote.  That hardly sounds like someone that walked away from a project willingly.

-- roschler

As far as I can tell, I stated facts that are true & suggested OP search the board on the topic. I would surmise your replies would be in the threads. I'm sorry this happened to you, but no where did I say you simply walked away from the project.

Archived