Configuring printing a note

jamesctaylor

Idea

When printing a note from Evernote I would love to be able to :

1. Select which headers are printed, rather than just printing all or none.
  2. Change the layout of the page; specifically the margins, which are rather too large by default for my liking.

If I'm remembering rightly, both of these things used to be possible when I used Evernote on Windows. Are they possible on Mac but I've just missed them somewhere?

6 replies to this idea

2. Change the layout of the page; specifically the margins, which are rather too large by default for my liking.

If I'm remembering rightly, both of these things used to be possible when I used Evernote on Windows. Are they possible on Mac but I've just missed them somewhere?

I'm using a Mac, En 6.0.5, looking for a way to print ONLY the note title, not the Title plus the unwanted metadata. 

Is it possible to print only the title?

Is this only a Mac restriction?  (Does EN intend to provide 'title printing' to Mac users . . . ever?)

What workarounds are other Mac users exploiting? (copy paste to a word processor, to add the title? Copy/paste the title as the first line of the note?)

This lack really reduces the usefulness of EN for me, since documents (notes) often need to be printed in our non-profit environment.

• Level 5*

File > Print > Options in Windows

post-63053-0-60339600-1420546351_thumb.j

There's no way not to print the body of the note by this route,  but you can get a list of titles (with links) by hitting Ctrl-A in a search results window,  or in list view,  and choosing 'Create Table of Contents Note'  from the pop-up window.  Print the note (use Remove Formatting first if you don't want the links) or copy and paste elsewhere to print.

I'm using a Mac, En 6.0.5, looking for a way to print ONLY the note title, not the Title plus the unwanted metadata. 

Is it possible to print only the title?

Is this only a Mac restriction?  (Does EN intend to provide 'title printing' to Mac users . . . ever?)

What workarounds are other Mac users exploiting? (copy paste to a word processor, to add the title? Copy/paste the title as the first line of the note?)

This lack really reduces the usefulness of EN for me, since documents (notes) often need to be printed in our non-profit environment.

Check out v 6.0.6!   Looks like us mac users have Title Print capability now!

Archived