Two: 'Searching' the forum & Keeping Editing toolbar visible

Hello,

Been a EV user for awhile - yet....

#1) I don't see how/where to do a SEARCH in this forum to determine if the answers I need have already been addressed here.

#2) How can I keep the Editing toolbar (Font size, font color, etc) above main window for notes VISIBLE - sometimes it's there - sometimes it's not - drives me nuts.  Using EN on Windows7 - DT PC

tia,

s2s

Hello,

Been a EV user for awhile - yet....

#1) I don't see how/where to do a SEARCH in this forum to determine if the answers I need have already been addressed here.

#2) How can I keep the Editing toolbar (Font size, font color, etc) above main window for notes VISIBLE - sometimes it's there - sometimes it's not - drives me nuts.

tia,

s2s

There is a search bar in the top right.  The default is to use Google site search, which works very well.  A few people have complained about it.  But if you can use Google, you should be able to successfully use Google site search.

• Level 5*

#2) How can I keep the Editing toolbar (Font size, font color, etc) above main window for notes VISIBLE - sometimes it's there - sometimes it's not - drives me nuts.

Editing toolbar for which Evernote client? Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, web?
  • Level 5*

BurgNF - ok, not a fan of Goo - but will use it - THX for speedy response.   ( lol - Goo results brought me back to this note)

Jefito - Windows 7   - DeskTop PC

In the WIndows client, the editing toolbar appears when a note in the note panel has active focus, meaning that the editing cursor is active in that window. Click away somewhere else, and the editing toolbar is replaced by a different toolbar that has note metadata (created date, updated date, URL). The theory on this is most likely that the editing toolbar is just wasted space when you're not actually editing the note.

BurgNF - ok, not a fan of Goo - but will use it - THX for speedy response. ( lol - Goo results brought me back to this note)

Jefito - Windows 7 - DeskTop PC

Yes, often it will include the thread you've posted in (& rightly so because I'm assuming this thread matches the search terms you entered...???) along with any other hits. That's how fast & how good Google is.

BurgNF - ok, not a fan of Goo - but will use it - THX for speedy response.   ( lol - Goo results brought me back to this note)

Jefito - Windows 7   - DeskTop PC

In the WIndows client, the editing toolbar appears when a note in the note panel has active focus, meaning that the editing cursor is active in that window. Click away somewhere else, and the editing toolbar is replaced by a different toolbar that has note metadata (created date, updated date, URL). The theory on this is most likely that the editing toolbar is just wasted space when you're not actually editing the note.

There is a registry entry that disables this behaviour, and it allowed you to revert to a previous behaviour similar to V4 versions of Evernote. It appears somewhat broken currently, and ends up not showing the Created, etc. fields at all with this setting set. So it effectively only shows the editing toolbar.

https://www.evernote.com/pub/spgscott/evernote5help#b=8879f6ff-b336-40f1-8fc2-9f43af568ebe&st=p&n=b23d4465-0844-41b6-a33f-0dbc57cfebfd

Look at: AutoShowNoteToolbar

Archived