How do I delete a note or jpg?

I have pdfs and jpgs that I would like to remove from a single note. I don't want to delete the entire note, just a couple of items within it.

Where is the delete function?

I cannot backspace over an attachment on my tablet. Go ahead and give it a try.

I can backspace over an attachment on my PC. Next time I am out on the jobsite, I'll just whip out my PC and do that. Thanks for the heads up Scott.

Come'on people — be nice.  We're communicating — well, considering the difficulty — by sending little black on white (mostly) stick figures to each other through very long, very narrow straws.  It's not easy.  

Manny — Scott's comment was based on misunderstanding which client you use.  It's an understandable misunderstanding.  When discussing a multi-platform program (it's really several distinct programs) such as Evernote, it is always helpful to specify the client.  (Truly, when asking questions on any on-line forum, you should specify your hardware and software.)  Scot's question, while inarguably passive-aggressive (imho) is still meaningful when taken literally.  What was unintuitive about your use of the software?  We — who aren't you, may not work on job sites, and don't know which hardware or client you are using — still do not know.

• Level 5*

In general, if you want better quality answers on this forum, you should specify which Evernote client you have a question about / issue with. Similar functions in different clients often differ. If you don't specify, then people answering may make assumptions. GIGO.

On an Android device, you edit the note (click on the little pencil-y icon), then find your image and long-press on it until a menu comes up. One of the menu items is "Remove". If the tablet that you are using is an iTHingy, then you'll need to wait until an iOS-knowledgeable user comes along.

I cannot backspace over an attachment on my tablet. Go ahead and give it a try.

I can backspace over an attachment on my PC. Next time I am out on the jobsite, I'll just whip out my PC and do that. Thanks for the heads up Scott.

FWIW, on my tablet (iPad 2), I can either position cursor after PDF/JPG & backspace OR position cursor in front & use delete.  Most people here are pretty smart, Scott included.  So as Jeff pointed out, if you want helpful answers, it's best to be as specific as you can, when asking questions.  We're pretty smart.  But we're not mind readers.

Indeed part of my confusion was, as Kirby pointed out, because you did not specify what client you used and I default generally to assume a desktop client unless otherwise specified. That being said, as BnF points out, you can backspace attachments on the iOS client, so my suggestion would have, at least indirectly applied there. 

While I can understand how my question "What would be more intuitive?" might come across as passive aggressive, it was not intend to be. The question emerged out of a genuine curiosity about what you would propose as an alternative to backspacing. I suppose I could have phrased it as "what would you propose as a more intuitive way of deleting attachments?", but, alas, I felt like using fewer words (and now look at the hot water that got me into!). 

(also, isn't it interesting how it is the default setting that a somewhat concise phrase is interpreted as [passive] aggressiveness and not simply conciseness? I don't know if that is my shortcoming, or simply an effect of internet communication. If I had spoken those exact words, I feel like that phrase would have been interpreted completely differently...)

Aside from my love of words in general, this is why most of my electronic communication is so well, wordy! It usually, though not always, helps to clarify my intent.

Also, in an age of sound bites and acronyms, people tend to believe they can just feel they can instinctively discern the deeper meaning of whatever they see or hear. Which, in my experience at least, is seldom the case. :)

Indeed part of my confusion was, as Kirby pointed out, because you did not specify what client you used and I default generally to assume a desktop client unless otherwise specified. That being said, as BnF points out, you can backspace attachments on the iOS client, so my suggestion would have, at least indirectly applied there.

While I can understand how my question "What would be more intuitive?" might come across as passive aggressive, it was not intend to be. The question emerged out of a genuine curiosity about what you would propose as an alternative to backspacing. I suppose I could have phrased it as "what would you propose as a more intuitive way of deleting attachments?", but, alas, I felt like using fewer words (and now look at the hot water that got me into!).

(also, isn't it interesting how it is the default setting that a somewhat concise phrase is interpreted as [passive] aggressiveness and not simply conciseness? I don't know if that is my shortcoming, or simply an effect of internet communication. If I had spoken those exact words, I feel like that phrase would have been interpreted completely differently...)

Archived