(Archived) Feature Request - Print directly to Evernote!

Hello Everyone,

I discovered Evernote and showed it to my sister. She like Evernote whereas I love Evernote. Yet, we both feel there is a feature missing. The ability to print to Evernote. What I mean by this is, she and I use the internet in a variety of ways. We both share one function in common. We like to print to PDFs. We then drag and drop the PDF files into Evernote. I think it would be greatto have the ability to pick a choice of Evernote Printer that would create a PDF file and load it into Evernote. Then as we work on projects we can copy the printout from the Printer Notebook to the Clients Notebook. This would allow us to have a time-line of printouts in Evernote and use Evernote for our clients projects. This eliminates paper for us and groups that data within Evernote.

So, can the Evernote Engineers make this happen?

Thank you!

Kelly

This is available from the Mac Print menu (under the "PDF" button) if you have our Mac client installed.

This isn't (yet) available on our Windows client, because PDF support isn't built into the OS like it is on the Mac. This certainly sounds like a desirable feature, however.

Thanks for the feedback

I use a printer that coverts to searchable pdfs. I use dopdf (http://www.dopdf.com/) and have the output file go to my monitored EN folder. That way it is available in my inbox when I start evernote. There I process the note: tagging, annotating, and distribute it to the correct folder. If I am creating a series of notes this way, I temporarily set the dopdf printer as the default.

When you print to dopdf it creates a pdf file on your computer. PDF files placed in the evernote source folder are automatically synched into evernote. Go to tools - account properties - file import. All pdf's placed in this folder are synched into your evernote default notebook. It makes it easy to load multiple pdf's into evernote. Good luck

Engberd,

I thought I posted in the EN Windows group but I see it is for both Win/Mac. As you figured out I'm on a Win system. So could you suggest we install a third-party app like dopdf.com to add pdf to Win (non native) and have the EN app scripted so it detects the presents of something like "dopdf"....? Just a thought.

TGB,

I'll check out dopdf.com Sounds like sweet work-around!

Thanks!

Kelly

OMG!!! I can not believe I missed that feature!! WOW!!

Just set myself a shortcut on the "Send To" menu to send stuff to this folder too so when I am browsing files I can chuck them on evernote as well! :-) One seriously happy bunny :-)

When you print to dopdf it creates a pdf file on your computer. PDF files placed in the evernote source folder are automatically synched into evernote. Go to tools - account properties - file import. All pdf's placed in this folder are synched into your evernote default notebook. It makes it easy to load multiple pdf's into evernote. Good luck

The sync won't do anything. But you could try closing and restarting EN. I occasionally notice that a file isn't picked up right away, but a restart usually fixes it. (Bear in mind, I have my import folder set up so that EN deletes the items when it sucks them in. If you don't do that, maybe there's a problem with sending a file with the same name to the folder?)

Yeah - restarted and they're instantly in there .... hmmmm... of to report it :-)

The sync won't do anything. But you could try closing and restarting EN. I occasionally notice that a file isn't picked up right away, but a restart usually fixes it. (Bear in mind, I have my import folder set up so that EN deletes the items when it sucks them in. If you don't do that, maybe there's a problem with sending a file with the same name to the folder?)

Archived