Clip Screenshot

alexh

I'm using windows7 version 5.2.1.3108

When I clip a screenshot the CTRL and SHIFT keys do not modify the destination of the screenshot.  It always creates a new note.  Is this a bug or am i doing something incorrectly?  I press the ctrl key while clipping the screenshot.  I expect it to save to the clipboard so I can manually paste into the note I want.  It appears nobody else has this problem

• Level 5*

It always used to be the case that Win + Prtscn would clip the visible screen, and by pressing a key when selecting the area to be copied you could direct the clip to a new note,  or to the clipboard.  I'm on Win 8 where MS rewired something and that doesn't seem to work any more - and my other laptops are resting at the moment so I can't run any tests on other OS's.  If you can't get things to work, have a look at Tools > Options to check the current hot key assignments and maybe choose a different combination to see if that helps..

Otherwise - try installing Skitch which has its own screen capture options...

Evernote should be able to send the screen clip to the Clipboard (Ctrl) or Desktop (Shift), as it says next to the cross hair when you clip. I have not come across it not working here, and it works for me. It may be best to submit a support ticket, EN themselves may have heard about it.

When you clip the screenshot, do you see the cross hair, and the box telling you that you can use the modifier buttons?

Unrelated to the original issue:

Gaz, Win 8 takes over the Win + Printscreen option, using it to capture it's own screenshots, and will not let EN use that combination. Which is a problem because that is the default in Evernote and has been for a while now. I had to change mine to Ctrl + Printscreen

• Level 5*

Unrelated to the original issue:

Gaz, Win 8 takes over the Win + Printscreen option, using it to capture it's own screenshots, and will not let EN use that combination. Which is a problem because that is the default in Evernote and has been for a while now. I had to change mine to Ctrl + Printscreen

Yeah - unfortunately on my laptop I also have to hold Fn to get to PrtSc,  and if you include Alt,  you get a snip of the window that has current focus (my desktop is three HD screens wide - the pictures are a bit big!) so my standard 'salute' is Ctrl-Fn-Alt-PrtSc.  While fiddling with the hotkey settings I seem to have killed the cross-hairs,  but I don't use them anyway.  Skitch is a good alternative for snipping screen shots with added annotating..

• Level 5*

I'm using windows7 version 5.2.1.3108

When I clip a screenshot the CTRL and SHIFT keys do not modify the destination of the screenshot.  It always creates a new note.  Is this a bug or am i doing something incorrectly?  I press the ctrl key while clipping the screenshot.  I expect it to save to the clipboard so I can manually paste into the note I want.  It appears nobody else has this problem

I can confirm this is also a problem in 5.3.0.3252 (271252).  Using the capture screen hotkey it works correctly.  If you instead use the Screenshot button in the toolbar then you will see this problem.  You still get the crosshair and the message to Press Control or Shift to modify destination but it will always send it to EN instead of the clipboard.

Also in the annotate editor I can't find a way to just copy the edited image into the clipboard.  You have to first save the edits back into Evernote.  Would be nice if there was a copy all to clipboard option in the annotate editor.  Many times I will do a screenshot, add some arrows or text and then just want to copy it into the clipboard to paste into an email.  I rarely want these edits saved to EN.  Most of them are one time use only.

Ah, now I understand. It worked for me, because I almost exclusively use the hotkey :D

Yes, I appear to be seeing the same issue when using the screenshot button. No idea why the two would be different though...

Archived