Handwriting in Evernote for Android

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Jelly Bean 4.3) , a Galaxy Tab 3 7" (Jelly Bean 4.3) and a Sony Table S (ICS 4.0)

Premium Evernote latest version (with Handwriting) on all.

Why is it that the Galaxy Tab 3 cannot access the Handwriting function. BUT both the Note 3 and an old Sony Table S can?

Perhaps one of your tablets hasn't received the new version of Evernote yet -  a new version of an app can take some time to reach all devices, and the vendor even has the option to slow down the roll-out in case any bugs surface.

I believe that the new handwriting funcctionality is available to all types of Android tablets, e.g. I can access it on my Nexus 7 though the N7 doesn't have a stylus.

• Level 5*

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Jelly Bean 4.3) , a Galaxy Tab 3 7" (Jelly Bean 4.3) and a Sony Table S (ICS 4.0)

Premium Evernote latest version (with Handwriting) on all.

Why is it that the Galaxy Tab 3 cannot access the Handwriting function. BUT both the Note 3 and an old Sony Table S can?

If you've updated to the latest version of Evernote for Android (5.8(1058073), then you should be able to get to the handwriting functionality by opening a note for editing, and tapping on the paperclip in the upper toolbar and selecting "Handwriting" from the resultant menu (on my phone, it's not visible until you pick "See All..." from that menu)

• 1 month later...

You should integrate evernote with the s-pen.

I have a Galaxy Note 8 with s-pen. It integrates perfectly with Evernote, I can use it in its standard mode to write but have the handwriting translated to text in the Evernote note, I can switch to the keyboard and use Swype functionality, and I can use the Evernote handwriting integration (but because the s-pen does such a great job translating to text, I usually only use this for drawing). 

Archived