Backing up Evernote?

Hi all, I really love Evernote and I use it every day and I want to back it up somehow. I have a lot of personal and sensitive information in Evernote so I just want to know how I could back it up without compromising my security? I don't want to back it up and then realise that I exposed my Evernote material to the whole world. How can I back it up while maintaining security?

What's the best way to back it up?

Please help me!

Hi all, I really love Evernote and I use it every day and I want to back it up somehow. I have a lot of personal and sensitive information in Evernote so I just want to know how I could back it up without compromising my security? I don't want to back it up and then realise that I exposed my Evernote material to the whole world. How can I back it up while maintaining security?

Please help me!

Hi Juggy

I don't know if it's the best way but I use cloudhq.com to backup in google dirve

Please help me!

Please search the board on backup as this has been discussed already in several threads.

• Level 5*

Please help me!

I'd recommend some redundancy. On Mac, Time Machine will get the data.

http://www.christopher-mayo.com/?p=962

Alright, thanks for your replies.

I'm already using Time Machine for backup. I just wanted to export my Evernote notebooks somehow in case something happened to my Evernote account. How do I do export Evernote notebooks without revealing my notebooks to the whole world?

Thanks!

• Level 5*

I'm already using Time Machine for backup. I just wanted to export my Evernote notebooks somehow in case something happened to my Evernote account. How do I do export Evernote notebooks without revealing my notebooks to the whole world?

Thanks!

All Notes -> select everything -> right-click -> export as .html or .enex. Why would you think this would expose anything to anyone? I am a little confused by this concern, and I wonder if you have something in mind. Your notes are never exposed to anyone unless you "share" them.

Thanks!

Hi again Juggy

I also use time machine but I like to have everything backed up in the cloud as well. The service that I mentioned earlier (cloud hq) syncs my entire Evernote data into Google drive. It doesn't have to be Google Drive. It could be dropbox or whatever. 

Thanks!

Hi again Juggy

I also use time machine but I like to have everything backed up in the cloud as well. The service that I mentioned earlier (cloud hq) syncs my entire Evernote data into Google drive. It doesn't have to be Google Drive. It could be dropbox or whatever. 

Alright. How does this work? Do you copy + paste the Evernote exported file?

Thanks!

All Notes -> select everything -> right-click -> export as .html or .enex. Why would you think this would expose anything to anyone? I am a little confused by this concern, and I wonder if you have something in mind. Your notes are never exposed to anyone unless you "share" them.

Thanks!

Thanks!

Hi again Juggy

Alright. How does this work? Do you copy + paste the Evernote exported file?

CloudHQ is a service that syncs between cloud accounts, so once I authorize it to use evernote I just ask it to sync the data automatically to a folder in Google drive. It does not reside on my computer, it just works in the cloud. I also backup my entire hard-drive to sugarsync and then cloud hq re-syncs this with Google Drive. This gives me multiple backups of all my data.

When evernote is converted to a file structure it isn't very pretty but it will do in case of a disaster.

Archived