Offline notes

Bram Heerink

Idea

Hi,

I use offline notes. But at this time - correct me if i'm wrong - I need to set specific notebooks to offline. But, it does not work that way for me. I have a shopping list in 'General Notes' I would like to keep offline. I have a 'Go Bag item list' in Notebook 'Lifehacker' I would like to keep offline. 

I would really like an option in Evernote in the TAG systeem to configure specific tags to offline syncing. You can then collect them in a virtual offline notebook in the mobile clients.

Regards,

Bram Heerink

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  AFAIK it's not possible to have offline single notes.  You can set a notebook to 'offline searching' on a mobile device and everything you put into that notebook from anywhere will be available without a network connection.  It's surely no big deal to set up a separate notebook,  even if it only contains one note?  Altering the tagging system would be a major and expensive operation.  If you want that option have a look at Postach.io - you can set up your own blog and add notes with a tag..  you could use the comments to make changes.  ?

Hi,

I use offline notes. But at this time - correct me if i'm wrong - I need to set specific notebooks to offline. But, it does not work that way for me. I have a shopping list in 'General Notes' I would like to keep offline. I have a 'Go Bag item list' in Notebook 'Lifehacker' I would like to keep offline. 

I would really like an option in Evernote in the TAG systeem to configure specific tags to offline syncing. You can then collect them in a virtual offline notebook in the mobile clients.

Regards,

Bram Heerink

You put this in the Mac section. Mac does not have offline notebooks. Offline notebooks exist only on mobile devices. The Mac & Windows desktop apps have local notebooks that are never synced to the Evernote cloud. Which type are you talking about?

You put this in the Mac section. Mac does not have offline notebooks. Offline notebooks exist only on mobile devices. The Mac & Windows desktop apps have local notebooks that are never synced to the Evernote cloud. Which type are you talking about?

You are right. Putting this in the iOS and/or Android section would have been better.

Hi.  AFAIK it's not possible to have offline single notes.  You can set a notebook to 'offline searching' on a mobile device and everything you put into that notebook from anywhere will be available without a network connection.  It's surely no big deal to set up a separate notebook,  even if it only contains one note?  Altering the tagging system would be a major and expensive operation.  If you want that option have a look at Postach.io - you can set up your own blog and add notes with a tag..  you could use the comments to make changes.  ?

Oh I think I agree with you. Changing this if it's not a big problem for a lot of people is a waste of precious developer hours. But I think it's wise to pin our thoughts about Evernote here. Perhaps a lot of people have the same ideas about my problems with it and Evernote rethinks it and hey it - might - change... 

Archived