(Archived) How many .enex files should I keep?

I use File|Export (Windows version) to export my notes in ENEX format. (I also save my data by backing up the .exb file.)  

But how may versions of the .enex export files should I keep, just the most recent one?  Thanks.

I use File|Export (Windows version) to export my notes in ENEX format. (I also save my data by backing up the .exb file.)  

But how may versions of the .enex export files should I keep, just the most recent one?  Thanks.

That's a personal question.  Simply keep as many as you feel comfortable with.  I prefer to keep a few incarnations b/c in the past, in other programs - not Evernote, I've found something amiss & did not detect it until after my current backup had the same erroneous information. 

• Level 5*

If you are going to use .ENEX files, you should be aware that the notebook name is not contained in these files. That means if you export out acrosss multiple notebooks (say, your whole account), your notes will be restored to their original notebooks. If you need that, then yo should export notebook-by-notebook.

• Level 5*

..and if you're also saving the data by backing up the database file,  you don't really need the ENEX files too.  I keep three copies of the database file for routine backups.  (Which,  with a very large file,  is about as much space as I have available).  YMMV - depends on to what use you put your Evernote,  and how much data you add each day / week / month..

Archived