(Archived) Rolodex

I love everything that Evernote does. Can't complain. Only I wish it had "rolodex" feature. Just like a Contact list or Business Card list. Importing contact list from Google or Hotmail or Palm desktop would be fantastic. 

If you have some time to put towards moving into a new system you can try what I did. It's all manual which is why I say if you have some time. I used Kustom Note. I created my own template and then I manually entered all of my contacts with their business cards, links, everything. Now I just enter new people as they come. For me this works because I have Google contacts for EVERYONE. I use my Evernote rolodex for people / companies I want/need more info on hand for. Also then after the note is in Evernote I can merge other notes about that person. For me this works well because I know a lot of artists and rather than having a million tags (tagging each with their name) I can have one note for each artist and add their news clippings to the bottom, etc by merging.

I'm sure you're going to get lots of other good replies too. I'm interested to see how people do this. Unfortunately Evernote Hello is a dead product. I find it time-consuming and cumbersome to navigate and it doesn't hold all the info I want anyway.

I love everything that Evernote does. Can't complain. Only I wish it had "rolodex" feature. Just like a Contact list or Business Card list. Importing contact list from Google or Hotmail or Palm desktop would be fantastic. 

Follow this link for an example of my "Home Made Rolodex"

http://www.evernote.com/shard/s5/sh/4361e3df-775b-47d8-babd-7b5f67a46ba5/f1237b92f6cedc6cf72bb22b5b1f9d58

Regards,

David in Wichita

Thanks to both of you. I was looking for something of an added feature. To make a list from scratch is too much time consuming. I want to Import the list that I already have which is significantly large. Hope good guys at Evernote give it a serious thought.  

Joe D, if you are trying to integrate your contact list from something such as Google into evernote so that they both work together, you might want to check out this great web-based application that I use. It's called "IQTell". I use it currently to integrate my google contacts, calendar, & email into evernote. It also allows you to setup and integrate other email accounts. Lastly, they also have a great tool that allows you to achieve, what is being called - "inbox zero". I consider it as my base for my business tools because it has so many features that are just great. It's free for now because it's still in beta. Hope this helps.

Archived